Fifty Four | New Plan

Lucas

I couldn't tell how long we've been down here and what killed me the most was I couldn't feel her emotions or even mind links her. I was getting impatient, worried, and restless. Every time we tried questioning a guard that walked by they would tell us to "shut the fuck up, mutt." Then keep walking. I swear the next time I see that fucking king I'm going to...

I was cut off by my beautiful mates laugh along with a males laugh. The anger and jealousy was building up hearing her laugh at what another man said. She walked up with Samuel and smiled when she seen we were all there.

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. The king felt very threatened and made the decision he did just to be safe." Samuel said genuinely, but I had questions first.
"Then why did he keep my mate?" I snapped.
"She was the last to pass out, but whatever she said to him had him wanting to know more." Samuel answered and I could tell he was being truthful.

I gave him a nod, then as soon as he opened the cell door I pulled Nova into my chest taking in her scent to calm down. I have a feeling whatever my little mate did worked.

"Please follow me and I'll take you to the king to discuss the next step." Samuel said while holding the door.

When we all exited the cell he looked back at Tanner and walked into the cell. After whispering something into Tanners ear he slammed his fist into his face repeatedly until even after he was knocked out. I looked to Nova who doesn't look surprised. Instead she's smiling. What the fuck did I miss?

"Alright alright. He's knocked out. Let's go Sam." She says surprising everyone with the little nickname.

I growled at her with a warning and she just smiled at me, then kissed me. Walking down the hall's they kept laughing and it was starting to really piss me in.

"Okay, does someone want to explain to me why in the fuck you two are acting like school girls and giggling? What the fuck did I miss and since when are you too so close?" I asked stopping and waiting for an answer.

It appears I wasn't the only one that wanted answers because Noah and James also looked at them weird.

"Well once you get to know them they're really not that bad. King Julien is much like Sean and Sam is basically another Tyler." She said while walking over to me, holding my hand, and proceeding to walk.
"I'm so glad you made friends while we were all down here locked up." I snapped at her pulling my hand from her and continuing on ahead of "sam".

Noah

I understand that Nova is being friendly towards the dude, but come on now? That was just extra. I growled at him as he walked away and Samuel gave him a dirty look. I walked over to Nova and hugged her due to the tears running down her cheeks. What a dick!

"I for one am very happy that you made friends with 2 males especially with everything you've been through. I'm proud of you and equally impressed that you were able to get the king to talk to you and explain to him how urgent this situation truly is, Novie."
"Thank you, NoNo." She whispered.

I looked up from her after wrapping an arm around her for comfort since her dick of a mate wants to throw a hissy fit like a child. Samuel was looking at her with pity and thats how I know she told then everything and I'm talking everything including the kidnapping. Lucas might not see it now, but if it wasn't for Nova, we would still be in the cell. From saying whatever she said before we all passed out to persuading King Julien.

We continue on walking catching up to Lucas who was stood against a wall waiting since he didn't know the way. He looked at her and I seen the regret in his eyes, then he masked it with a serious face following Samuel.