Thirteen | Leaving

Noah

I wake up at 8 o'clock in the morning to my alarm going off so I roll to turn it off. When I was about to get up an arm wraps around my body that sends sparks everywhere it touched. I look down at my beautiful Mate and smile at her sleeping form. I haven't told my family that I found her in our pack yet, but I plan on telling them today. My mate knows not to say anything until I do, but she is allowed to tell her family.

I never would have guessed my Mate was my childhood crush, Aurora Hamilton. We went to school our whole life's together up until we graduated. I found her the night of mine and Nova's birthday party, but wanted to wait until the Red Dawn packs Alpha and Beta left to tell my family, friends, and pack.

She had just come home from graduation collage as a doctor and planned on working in the packs hospital. She's always dreamed of being a doctor so who am I to tell her she can't be a doctor still while being Luna.

Getting up out of bed she rolls over and mumbles something in her sleep as I smile my way to the bathroom.
My entire shower I was thanking the moon goddess for this blessing. I couldn't have found a such an amazing, caring, and sweet mate like Aurora. After getting dressed and leaving her a note, I make my way down to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast before the meeting in 10 minutes. I decided on a bowl of fruit loops and a cup of apple juice. Nova comes in the kitchen in her training clothes and sits down across the room with an apple.

"I'm not gonna be able to make it to the meeting." She says while taking a bite out of her apple.

I turn to look at her and notice the bags under her eyes, but after she notices me studying her she turns away. Something isn't right with her. She's never misses out on a meeting either. I wish I could talk to her about it, but I don't want her to know about Aurora just yet.

"How come?"
"I'm not feeling well." She says while standing up and throwing her now eaten apple away.
"But you're not sick enough to train?"
"I got sick during training. I think I just need to lay down for a couple hours, then I'll be okay." She says while making her way out of the kitchen.

I'm definitely going to have to check back in on her later and see if she can tell me whats up. I'll just mind link her. Wait, maybe Nala might know.

Making my way up to my fathers office I spot the Alpha and Beta waiting outside.

"You ready for the meeting? They're waiting outside."
"Nova's not here yet but I guess we can get started without her." My dad replies.
"She's not coming. She isn't feeling well."
"Damn it, okay. Marcus is here so he can be another witness." He says before blocking me out.

I make my way up to the men and stick my hand out to them while greeting them while offering a hang shake. After they shake my hand I open the door to the office and motion them to come in. Once we were all seated I notice the Alpha and Beta sharing a look.

"Aren't we missing someone?" The Beta asks politely.
"Nova won't be able to join us today. She is a little under the weather." My father speaks up before I can.

I notice the Beta look down for a second before returning back to his business face. I wonder why he is so interested in my sister.

"Have you came to an answer on if you would like to agree to have an alliance?"

The Alpha then looks to me instead of my father.

"Yes, we have decided it would be in both of our packs best interest to form a treaty for an alliance. Your sister made some good point the other day about a lot of things. Which reminds me. What ever happened to that Beta?" He asks the last part turning to my father.