Thirty Four | Marked

Nova

Waking up I go to snuggle into Lucas's chest until I realize it's a pillow. Opening my eyes I look around the room to find it as empty as it was the first time I woke up. The feeling of being alone quietly creeps upon me making me a little sad. I understand that everyone is trying to get the plan into motion, but I at least figured Lucas would be there for me when I woke up this time. I've never liked this room after I was kidnapped. I hate that I'm in the same one reliving the memory over again. It's like this room is a haunting reminder of my past. I don't like it one bit. I was pulled from my thoughts when the door opens. Ralph walks in with a bright smile that I couldn't help but to return one back.

"How you doing, Cupcake?" He asks causing me to smile and roll my eyes.
"Better now, Muffin."

He laughs a little and take a seat next to me. We don't say anything for a minute until I turn to look at him.

"Where is everyone?"
"They're all getting everything into motion." He replies.
"Did they add on to the plan?"
"Yeah, would you like to hear it?" He asks turning his whole chair to face me. I smile and nod my head.

"Okay so we are going along with your original plan, but we fear that the rouges could still be watching us so we have to sell it more by telling the pack. If they're watching then they will hear the news as well. I just hope that when Alpha and Noah announce it to the pack they're able to sell it. When that's being done you'll be moved to your room so no one will see you, but we'll have to mask your scent. There's another part of the plan that I'm leaving your dad to explain because it's not my right to tell you." He says the last part while squeezing my hand in support.
"Sounds like a great plan. So when will you go talk to Tanner?"
"Probably a couple hours after the meeting with the pack. Nova, I hate to tell you this, but I don't think you're going to be the one to kill him.." Ralph says while looking around the room.
"It's okay. I figured that much. Besides I have a better plan."
"And what would that be?" He ask's.

Before I could answer the door opens up and in walks Marcus and Landon. Landon walks over to Ralph and ruffles his sons hair causing Ralph to jump away from him. The action causing everyone in the room besides Ralph to laugh.

"Traitor.." Ralph mumbles to me as he walks out the door causing me to smile at him.
"How are you?" Marcus asks as him and Landon give me a hug.

They've always been like uncles to Noah and I.

"I'm feeling good. I'm excited to get everything rolling. The sooner it starts the sooner it will be over, you know?"
"Yeah, we understand. We're just sorry you have to go through all of this." Landon states.
"It's not anyones fault here. It's Tanner's and the rouge's fault."
"Yeah but if our border patrol's were doing a better job you would have never got kidnapped or shot." Marcus states matter of factly causing Landon to lower his head.
"Like I said it's no one's fault. They were going to get through no matter what. Our guards were killed all because they wanted to get to me. That's not our fault or anyone's fault. They can only do the best they can.." I say while squeezing Landon's hand in comfort like Ralph did to me earlier.

Landon looks up and gives me a smile. I can tell he's feeling guilty because he's the one who controls the training and patrols, but I don't blame him. It's not like he knew. The door opens again and my dad, Noah and Lucas all step in leaving Marcus and Landon to each hug me and leave. I look between my dad and Noah and wait for them to say something. I try my hardest not to glance at Lucas, but I can feel his eyes on me. I continue to ignore it feeling a little stupid for thinking he would still be here with me when I woke up. My dad and Noah finally decided to both take their seats on either side of me.

"Ralph filled me in with the new plans, but said there was something else that you had to explain because it wasn't his place to tell me."

My dad, Noah, and Lucas all share looks. No one makes a move to speak first causing me to get annoyed.