Twenty Two | Revelation

Nova

I roll over and turn off my screaming alarm and look at the time. It's now 6:30 a.m. Well if I ever want to get back to how things use to be, I better get up and get dressed for training. I walk into my closet and change into my under armor Sports Bra and sports shorts, then throw on some running shoes.

I walk out the room and jog down the steps into the kitchen for a much needed snack. Opening the fridge I grab a cheese stick and a bottle of water. After finishing my cheese stick I grab my water and run out the door to the training grounds.

Walking up I see Ralph doing push ups. When I was maybe 5 yards away from him, he turns to me and smiles. He jumps up and runs to me and lifts me up. Wrapping my legs around him, he spins me around laughing as I do the same.

"Goddess, you have no idea how much I missed you. Training wasn't the same with just Noah." He says while putting me back down.
"I missed you too, Ralph. We don't have to talk about it right now. I know eventually you'll want to, but for now I want my head in the game for training." I say while pulling him in for a hug.

He kisses the top of my head and agrees. The thing about Ralph is him, Noah, Nala, and I all been close friends since we were just babies. We all had each other to lean on and help each other when one falls down. We were all inseparable growing up and it made all closer as adults.

We walk over to a good spot to finish his warm up and for me to start. We stretched until 7 o'clock then I looked over to Ralph with a smirk. When Nala and Noah would skip training on day's, Ralph and I had our own routine together and I knew it would make him and myself happy to start it again.

"Hey?"
"Yeah?" He asks turning to me.
"Race around the territory twice?"

He smiled at me then took off running.

"Cheater." I yell out then run after him.

While running now side by side in the woods I could tell he was holding back to stay near me and I think he knew I was doing the same. After a mile into the second lap around the territory I finally took off. Nothing was ever going to hurt me again so I can't hold back no more.

Ralph starting laughing and chasing after me. I was always faster than him because I'm smaller. We ran together trying to trip each other the whole way till we ran out of the woods back to the training grounds. We fall to the ground laughing and out of breathe.

"Goddess, I needed that!"

I smile after our laughing fit and rolling on my side to face him.

"You and me both." He says looking back to me.
"I really missed you guys. I'm glad I'm back."
"I missed you too, Nova. You know when your brother and I found your blood, my wolf started going Crazy. Then I followed in his footsteps with anger. When Ghost and I couldn't smell your scent after we found your blood, he.. we felt like we let you down. I couldn't track you and I knew you were hurt. I'm supposed to be yours and Noah's Gamma. What kind of Gamma will I be if I can't even keep you safe now?" He says while reaching for my hand.
"Ralph, it's not your fault or anyones for that matter. I should have never ran off like I did. I should have called for help before running towards the scream. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get away from them. There were too many of them. I don't even know how they got across our borders."
"They masked their scent then killed 2 of our warriors. Then when they had you they masked your scent." He said while standing up and pulling me up with him.
"I'm sorry you had to go through that Nova." He says sadly
"It's not your fault." I said hugging him.

Before I could pull away I hear a voice clear from behind me and Ralph squeezed me tighter. I turned around and seen Tanner. Ralph knew what happened yesterday so his reaction makes since.