Thirty Eight | Uncle

Nova

I look down at my phone while walking into my father's and Noah's office checking to see who texted me. I had my number changed after my fake death and only gave it to those who knew.

10:45 am. Nala: Hey, love. I got all your stuff put away how you would like it in your new room here. I'M SO EXCITED!

10:47 am. Nova: Thank you, Gorgeous! I'm actually kinda excited too. Gracie has been happy after finding out about the move. She can't wait to see Violet. I tried telling her that she knows you can't shift, but she keeps saying that won't stop Violet and her taking control until you give birth lol.

10:51 am. Nala: I wouldn't put it past those two smh. I have to get to Sean and help him with arranging new babysitters for the pack's orphans. I'll tell you about it later. I love you!

10:52 am. Nova: I love you too!

I lock my phone and look up to my dad and Noah who are working intently on something. I noticed they moved there desks side by side. Probably to be able to show each other more stuff with out the problem of getting up all the time. Noah would have moved it anyways for Aurora when he takes over.

"Whatcha guys working on?"
"Trying to figure out the best way to go about all of this. I know we already have a plan, but we are trying to figure out how much time we have until Tanner's uncle makes a move." Noah states while looking over some papers.
"We really have to figure out this man's name."
"We had plenty of opportunity's to do it plus it would be easy. All we have to do is look at Tanner's records to see who his mother was, then we pull up her records and narrow down the list of brothers if she has more than one." My father states.
"I can do it. I literally have nothing else to do."
"Here. Use my computer. I have to go check on Aurora to make sure she has ate. She tends to forget." Noah chuckles while standing up from his chair and leaving the room after giving me a quick hug.

I sit down at his desk and pull up Tanners file. I look at his birth certificate and see he was the son of Charles Hayda and and Brenda Hayda whose maiden name is Hue. I go to the website Alpha's use to look up the profile's of all wolfs on record typing in her name. Her profile pops up after a couple of second. I see that she has two brother's, but luckily for me one just happens to be diseased.

"Hey dad"
"Yeah?" He ask's looking up to me from his computer.
"It seems Tanner's mother only had two brother's, but one is deceased. Her living brothers name is Alden Hue. Do you think that could be his or do you think he's not in the system?"
"Try looking up his name and tell me what it says." He answers then goes back to his computer.
"Alright."

I typed Alden Hue into the system it took a lot longer for this one to load up by like two minutes. Once the page loaded up I got two matches. A Alden Hue Sr and an Alden Hue Jr. I clicked on the junior first and seen he was also deceased at birth causing me to gasp.

"What is it?" My father asks
"Give me one sec."

I click on the senior and see that its an older male probably around the age of 45. I looked at his profile seeing that he was rouged after trying to seduce his Alpha's mate. I rolled my eye's knowing this is exactly who we are looking for. I clicked his picture and has to scold my self for thinking that he wasn't too bad looking. I noticed he wasn't much older than Tanner leading me to believe he was the youngest of his siblings. I printed the picture out so Ralph could take it down to Tanner to confirm that this man was indeed his uncle even though I had a feeling he was. I look over to my dad who was now holding the picture since the printer was on his desk. He was looking at the picture like he was trying to remember something then he looked at me with a smirk.

"You know him, don't you?"
"Oh yes! That explains why you were targeted. He knew about you amongst other Alpha's that had daughter. He was targeting all the Alpha's daughters to see which ones had Alpha blood running through their veins. That's why all the packs were attacked because he got angry from not finding what he wanted there." My dad states while looking at the picture in disgust.
"How do you know him?"
"He was an Alpha's Beta at one point in time. I forget the pack, but it is the pack that Tanner grew up in." My father answered.
"Wanna know why he was rouged?"
"Oh god. Why?" My father asks.
"Trying to seduce the Alpha's mate. It turns out his mate who died actually gave birth to his child, but the child didn't make it through the delivery. Im thinking that made his feel some type of way and maybe he's the one who killed her. That could be what started this whole thing.. losing his child."
"That might just actually be it. Maybe that's why he is looking for a strong female. That way he won't have to worry about another child dying during birth." My father replies scratching his beard.

Noah comes into the room causing me to stand so he can have his chair back.

"What did I miss?" He asks while rolling his chair up to the desk.

My dad and I filled him in on everything we found out then Noah grabs his phone and steps out of the room.

"What was that all about?" I asked confused
"Beats me." My dad answers then motions me over to him.

I go to stand by him and he was showing me how to access the packs names, ages, ranks, jobs, and even their mates name if the had one. The unmated men and woman will just have "N/A" if their unmated. He says that I need to know this for when I go back with Lucas, but he doesn't know that while training to be Beta, Marcus had showed me how to do this just in case the Alpha falls. Marcus says that we never know what could happen so we must always be prepared. I continued to let my dad show me these things until this door opens and Noah and Lucas walks in.

"I already filled him in on what we found out on the way up here." Noah states.
"You literally could have just called him like you did or had me mind link him to come up here where we all could fill him in, but okay." I state annoyed while walking to sit in the seat in front of my dad's desk.
"Now's not the time for your smart ass mouth Nova." Noah snaps causing Gracie to growl at him for the disrespect.
"Excuse me?"
"Nova, this isn't about you okay? Just go make yourself useful somewhere else." He snaps back causing me to look at him shocked.
"I don't know where your fucking attitude is coming from Noah, but fucking fix it and stop being a piece of shit." I snap while walking out of the room and slamming the door.

I walked to my room and locked my self in there to calm down. I can't believe he just spoke to me like that! Noah has never talked to me like that before.

Noah

Nova slammed the door and when I looked up I was met with Lucas wolf who was beyond pissed.

"Never disrespect my mate like that again, pup." Grey growled out then gave a very angry Lucas control back.

I look over to my father and seen the disappointment in his eyes.

"Explain!" My father snaps.
"I had to get her out of here. It wasn't Lucas that I was calling. In fact I didn't even call him. Uncle Edgar called me. As soon as I seen who was calling I left the room. He's coming to visit. He stepped down so his son could take over, but there was a reason why he did so.."
"What happened?" My father asks impatiently.
"It's aunt Mae..." I state shakily.
"No.. don't tell me she.." my father whispers trailing off into thought.
"What happened?" He asked after a second.

I look over so see a very conflicted Lucas. He already knew how much Edgar meant to Nova along with his mate Mae.

"Rouges." I state.
"Why didn't he call me?" My dad asks quietly.
"He couldn't bear hearing you and Nova cry over the phone. He told me not to tell Nova and to only tell you. He wanted to be the one to tell her."
"I see." He whispers.
"When will he arrive?" Lucas asks.
"Tomorrow."
"Alright. There's was another thing I need to run by you guys, but now I don't know how Nova will feel about it." Lucas states troubled.
"What is it?" My dad asks.
"I miss my pack and they need me there. I have been here for way too long and I planned on leaving the day after tomorrow. Now I don't know how Nova will feel about leaving Edgar the day after seeing him and finding out about his mate." Lucas says while sitting down.
"She'll go. If not Edgar will personally drag her all the way to your pack." My dad laughs.

I notice Lucas shoulders sag with relief. I can tell he misses home and wants to go back. He's an Alpha so he's going to constantly worry about his pack while he's away from them. It still blow my mind that the big bad Alpha is bowing down to my sisters every wants and needs to keep her happy and comfortable. It makes me happy but it blows my mind because if it was any other female he wouldn't even bat an eye lash at their demands. He would probably kill them. We're talking about the same man who would kill a man just for looking at him for too long. I can only imagine what would happen if someone disrespects or looks at my sister too long in front of him.

*****

*Feedback*

QOTC: If you were a werewolf what rank would you want to be in?

Mine: Warrior

W/C: 1,803