Sixty | Lucas

Nova

It's been 2 week's since I've seen his smile, 2 week's since I've heard his voice, and 2 week's since I've seen his gorgeous green eyes stare into mine.

Lucas was placed in a medical coma so his body and wolf could heal. When I asked Dr. David why he wasn't healing like I had when I was shot, but his answer was simple. When he was shot, he had major organs punctured. I was thankful Dr. David acted as quick as he did in the field, because he informed me that if he hadn't, Lucas would have died.

I looked down at our connected hand from the chair next to his hospital bed. I wondered if he is visiting with his family like I did my mom. His sibling came down to visit him when I had Sean call them. His sister Lyla is mated to a Gamma and their little sister Ellie is mated to a warrior. I was surprised that they weren't Luna's due to being an Alpha's daughter, but none the less, they still found their mate.

I was brought out of thought why Ellie came through the door. We've been taking turns sitting with him throughout the day. I have night's, Ellie has mornings, and Lyla has afternoons. I was thankful they were here for him through this tough time.

Saying my thanks to Ellie, I walked out of his door after sparing glances towards him on the way out. When I managed to finally leave the hospital, I made my way home to shower, eat, then to Lucas's pack house office. Through everything we haven't been able to get all my Luna duties passed over to me. I do have some and thats training the females, making sure all the family's have anything they need, and making sure the pack house stay's stocked up with food, hygiene, and much more essentials needed for day to day use.

I made my way of the stairs after greeting everyone and hearing their quick prays to the Moon Goddess for their Alpha and my mate. When reaching the top floor I see Mia and it help's brighten my day some. She walked me to Lucas's office filling me in on any messages left for him, but they were nothing too serious. Just some pack member's scheduling a meeting about the job they want to choose.

All the pack members are given job's to choose from to make money and help the pack grow stronger each day. I let Mis know to let call them back and set the meetings up for today since there were only 3 scheduled.

The jobs array from farmer, contractors, electricians, nurses, doctors, , warriors, cashiers, cooks, and much more.

The meetings flew by along with the day. I had paper work to fill out for the 2 males and 1 female. The males chose warriors, while the female chose doctor.

As I was finishing up the paper work, I got the mind link from Dr. David that I've been waiting for. They're removing him from the medical induced coma. Quickly jumping from my seat, I ran out the office, tossed the keys to Mia telling her to lock up, and ran to the hospital.

I slowly opened the door to his room to find only Dr. David inside.

"Where is Ellie and Lyla?"
"I sent them back to your home. He need's you right now, not them. Your his mate so having you next to him after I wake him is extremely important. It will help him heal up faster and wake up sooner." He answer's.
"Okay, so when are you going to try to wake him?"

I ask walking to sit in the seat next to his bed while looking at Dr. David who is on the other side.

"Right now." He answered with a smile while pushing liquids into Lucas's IV.

I watched as the liquid's flowed down and disappear into his arm, then quickly looked up to see if he was awake yet.

"Don't worry, Luna. It will take some time. Try laying with him. It will help." He instructed, then walked out of the room.