Fourty Nine | Heat

Lucas

Tomorrow is the day that we return home and to sat I'm excited is an understatement. Just thinking about my mate sleeping in my bed for the first time and I wasn't even there drove me and Grey insane. I missed her already which is crazy because it's literally been 2 days. We are meeting with the werewolf king today to find out if he'll allow us to go see the vampire king. We went over every think we wanted to say yesterday. We made sure to have many point to show the king, but our words were all for nothing in the end if he doesn't agree.

I climb out of bed well more like drag myself out of bed and walk into the bathroom to do my morning routine. After I was finished I walk out to get dressed for the meeting. I decided on a business look. I was tying my shoes when a knock sounded on the door. Standing up I make my way to the door and open it finding Noah at the door. He just looks at me and smiled, then pushes his way into my room.

"Sure, you can come in, Noah. Oh you're welcome." I say sarcastically.
"Why thank you." He replies with a smile I come to realize is forced.

He started pacing, sat down, stood back up, then settled with sitting down. He started bouncing his leg and biting his nails. Shutting my door I went and sat down next to him.

"You feeling okay, man?"
"Yes.. no." He says then looks to me.

He looked like a lost puppy.. oh I see.

"You missing A-"

He cuts me off before her name even leaves my mouth.

"Don't say it! Please, just don't say her name. I'm going crazy here. I'm literally fucking hours and hours away from my pregnant mate who I won't be able to get to fast enough if something were to happen." He says.

I start thinking about what he said then internally panicking. Damn it! Now he's got me worrying. I rush to my phone and call Tyler. There was no answer. He never doesn't answer! I call Sean and still no answer. What the fuck is happening?

"If you're trying to get ahold to everyone at home don't bother. All power is out Dow there due to the hurricane. I called Aurora before he phone ran out of battery. She said she spoke to Nova and everyone was fine there." Noah said.
"A hurricane?!"
"Yeah, man. It came out of no where." He answered.

I sat down on the bed next to him. Goddess what has she done to me.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"
"Yeah. What up?" He says.
"Do you still think I'm intimidating. Like do you think other people think I'm still cold hearted?"
"Uhm yeah, dude!" He answers quickly.
"Really?"
"Yeah, but also no. Honestly anyone who knows you knows that you've changed since you got with my sister, but everyone that doesn't know you still thinks of you cold hearted."
"Yeah, I guess that makes since."

My door opens before we could fix our mopping and James walks in and looks at both of us. We clear out throat and square our shoulder. He shuts the door then looks at both of us again. Noah and I share a look then look back to James who burst out laughing.

"You two look so pathetic right now." He laughs snapping a picture of us with his phone.

He starts laughing even harder looking at the picture.

"I wont ever show this to this girls unless I need to black male you two." He then starts crying laughing.

Goddess I am a mess without my mate.

Nova

Today is the last day that Lucas is gone, then he comes home tomorrow. I've missed him a lot more than I thought, but I'm just going to keep busying my self with helping everyone try to get by without electricity. I swear not having AC is killing me. It's so fucking hot in the pack house. Coming out of the bathroom from going pee I run into Sean and Tyler. They both go to say something when my whole body starts sweating. Damn its hot in here. I look back to them and smile. Sean is looking at me with widened eyes and Tyler.. wait. Why is his wolf out. He is fighting for control.