Fourteen | Pain

Nova

It's been 2 weeks since Nala has left and to say I have been going through some hard times is an understatement. I miss her, but she had to go. She found her mate and I understand that. I'm still a little hurt about her mating him without telling me or breaking up with me, but I'm getting over it with each day that passes. I knew she wouldn't be strong enough to fight the pull. Her mother even said so.

Lately I've just been throwing myself into working and training. I've been helping Malcom with his Beta duties so that I can get accustomed with learning how to do everything. It all seems quite easy really, but the paperwork I have ahead of me isn't all sunshines and rainbows. It's miserable! I don't know how they do it, but I have to because soon I'll be doing it to with Noah.

Speaking of Noah, he's been acting really distant lately. He doesn't talk to me face to face unless it's a good distance away. He only mind links me. He's been doing this ever since Nala has left. It's starting to hurt me because I feel like he doesn't want to be around me much anymore like he's avoiding telling me I told you so. If that's the reason then he might as well keep avoiding me because I don't wanna hear it.

Snapping out of my thoughts I look over to see the Landon making his way towards me while watching everyone train. I'm sure he's about to lecture me on how my body needs it's rest and I can't just ignore my problems with training and work. Boy is he wrong because it actually helps. What doesn't help is when I'm not doing anything and my mind starts to wonder.

"You trained hard out there today. Whenever someone trains this much, it's for two reasons.. they're avoiding someone or they're avoiding their selves. Which is it?" He asks while still looking over the group.
"Both."
"I see. Is it anything someone can help you with?" He says while turning to me.
"No, it's something I have to work through myself, ya know?"
"Oh I understand completely, but remember that you do have people you can talk to when you need it."

After he says as he walks slowly towards the group of teens that are stretching after their work out. Landon's a good man and an even better Gamma. He's the one that trained Noah, Ralph, Nala, and myself when we turned 12. We learned a lot from him.

Turning around I start walking towards the pack house when an unbearable pain shot through my chest. It hurt so bad that I fell to the ground holding my chest and screaming out loud. If I could put the pain into words its like someone clawing their way into my chest and slowly scratching my heart over and over again. Marcus runs outside and looks at me in pity. I'm not sure why, but hopefully he can tell me whatever this pain is and how to stop it.

"When did you find him?" He asks while lifting me into his arms.
"He doesn't want me, but he won't reject me. Why would he-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence due to the pain started getting worse causing me to scream out louder. Marcus tightens his hold on me and pulls me to his chest trying to comfort me while whispering it's will be okay to me. When we get to my room Noah and my dad burst through the door.

"What's happening to her?" My dad asks loudly while running to my side.
"It's her mate.. he's sleeping with another and she's feeling the pain from the bond." Marcus states
"Her mate?!" My dad and brother shout in unison then look at me.
"I'll explain later but for now.. SOMEONE FIND ME THAT DAMN BETA!"

I scream the last part out in tears. It hurts so bad and Tanner already offered to help with revenge. He knew this would happen.

"Tanner is your mate?" My dad asks.
"No, but she's gonna need his help to get her mate to stop what he's doing." Marcus says .
"Absolutely not!" My father yells to him fuming already knowing what Marcus was talking about.
"Do you want some random male pack members doing this? Trust me, James. This is something I had to go through too and it was the only way to make my ex-mate stop with sleeping with others." Marcus states quickly.