Thirty One | Gunfire

Nova

Walking outside of the pack house an hour late I rush to the training grounds. Upon arriving I see Lucas talking to Noah and I just ignore them and keep walking so I can get to my normal spot and start doing my warm up yoga. The whole time I felt like I was being watched. While I was doing a downward dog pose I look over to see Lucas starring at me while still talking to Noah. I wink at him then went back to ignoring him.

Standing up I grabbed my stuff and make my way over to a bench. I don't know why all the sudden he wants to stare at me, but if he wasn't my mate it would be creepy. Ralph walks over to me and sets his stuff next to mine.

"Wanna spar or are you scarred of getting beat?" He laughs out causing me to chuckles.
"Sparring it is then. First person with their claws on the others throat wins?"
"Yeah! I could win that easily." He jokes causing me to narrow my eyes at him.
"Let's go then, Mr. Cocky." I respond while we walked to the sparring circle.
"Ready?"
"Let's do this, Cupcake." He jokes again using his old nickname for me.
"I'm going to end this early, Muffin." I respond while using my old nickname for him as well.

We charge at each other and he tries to super man punch me, but I duck under it dodging his punch while landing one of my own to his ribs. He turns and kicks me in my leg causing it to give out for a second while I stumble back growling at him. Time to end this. I smirk at him and decide to use my new trick on him to see if I can pull it off. We walk towards each other both smiling then I pull my leg back and throw a kick at his head. He grabs it then I smirk at him. He looks at me confused till I jump up and go to kick him with my other leg and he grabs that one as well holding me upside down. He looks at me with a cocky grin till I pull up quickly and head butt him. I throw myself back and do a back flip causing him to fly forward doing a front flip and landing on his back on the ground.

I land on my feet squatted over him. Each foot placed at either side of his head. While he's trying to figure out what happened I place my hand on his throat and extend my claws, but not long enough where it would penetrate his throat.

"What the fuck was that?" He says looking at me shocked.
"A little something I've been working on." I say sitting down on his chest laughing.

I hear a growl from across the field but ignore it knowing it was Lucas. He'll get over it. He's acting like I sat on his face. He flips us over so that he's on top of me and my feet are over his shoulder. We laugh then he quickly stands up offering me a hand to help me up.

"Wanna go for a run?" He ask's after catching his breath from having it knocked out of him.
"I'm down but only in human form. I don't need Gracie wondering to Lucas." I say annoyed.
"Alright, let's go." He laughs out.

We take off walking into the woods until we hit the trail for running. We share a look then both take off. We ran for 5 miles until my phone started ringing.

"Go ahead. It's Nala."
"Alright." He says then hugs me and runs off.
"Hello?"
"Nova?" Nala says shakily.
"Hey, love. What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"Nova I was walking to the waterfall and came across 5 rouges. One started asking questions and he has a gun. He told me to call you and tell you to come alone or else he's going to kill me." She cries out.
"I'm on my way. Tell them I'll be alone. Just stay calm." I say while hanging up and running towards her.

I stop running when I see them. I walk up slowly with my hands in the air until I was 15 feet away from them.

"Well well well. If it isn't the girl we're looking for. Our boss will be very happy to know that he will have you soon."

The rouge with the gun pointed at Nala says.

"Yes he will be and I'll go with you just don't.. don't hurt her. Let her go, please."
"Alright how are we gonna do this?" He asks with a eyebrow raised.
"We'll trade places, but I want to at least hug her bye."
"I'll allow it." The rouge says after thinking.
"But sir-"