1- Midtown High

"MOOOOMMM!", I yelled to the woman downstairs.
"WHAT?!", she yelled back.
"I'm going to school! I'll see you when I get back! Goodbye, love you!"

My mother scoffed and didn't care, she waved goodbye but never looked at me. I ran out the door and entered the outside world.

I walked along the sidewalk as I saw this weird group of old guys. They stared at me and looked me up and down, one grabbed my hand and smiled with his disgusting teeth and breath, "where ya goin' , pretty?".

"Uhh... I have to go"
"Where?"
"None of your business..?"
"Oh, can't you stay we'd love to have you"

I wanted to run but my body just didn't let me. The others stared at me the whole time.

"Hey! Babe! I'm back! You ready to go home?" A faint voice said, walking towards us.

This tall man who looked my age put his arm around my shoulder and planted a kiss on my forehead and walked away with me.

After we got far away enough from the old guys he let go of his grip on me and asked, "are you okay?".
"Yeah I'm fine, thank you"
"Anytime, just be careful walking the streets. There's always guys like that"
"I know that now, goodbye. I hope to see you again sometime"
"Yeah, me too"

I waved goodbye to the tall brown haired boy and got on my subway train.

••••••••••••••••••••••

The doors to my new school, Midtown High School, opened and I was headed to my locker.

As I put my bag and other books in my locker I saw a schedule, my first classes. I grabbed the books that I needed and tried to find my class number.

"Welcome! Class this is y/n. Y/n, please introduce yourself to the class", the teacher greeted.
"Umm- okay? Hello... uhm- I'm Y/n L/n and I just moved here from Kansas and I'm here... in Queens... yaaayyyy"
"Very good, go sit over there by Mark", the teacher pointed to a tall light brunette with an empty seat next to him.

I sat down next him without looking to see what he looked like, I pulled out a notebook and a pencil and started taking notes.

"Hey, you're that girl from earlier, no?", the boy whispered.
"What?", I looked up at him, it was the boy who saved me from those weird dudes. "Oh yeah! Thank you so much"
"Hey, don't mention it. And uh... sorry for the kiss on the forehead... I just did it so those weird guys would think you were taken"
"I know, I'm fine with it, you did it to help", I smiled.

He smiled at me and held out his hand, "I'm Mark, by the way, Mark Parker"
"Well, Mark Parker, I'm Y/n L/n", I shook his hand and smiled back.

"MARK! Y/N! pay attention!", the teacher snapped.
"Sorry, Mr. Shroud!", Mark said.

Mr. Shroud continued to teach while Mark and I continued to talk the whole time.

RIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG

"ok! Homework over pages 300-317! Get them done tonight!", the teacher yelled as everyone walked out.

"Hey, Y/n!", Mark ran up to my locker nervously. He seemed to stutter a lot, "do you uh... want to sit with me and my friends at lunch? We could use another teammate"
"Oh! Of course! I need friends anyway"
"Great! I'll see you there!", and he ran off to the lunchroom.

•••••••••••••••

I entered the lunchroom and sat down next to Mark and these 2 other boys, one was blonde and the other was brunette.

"Hello, Y/n! Meet Tommy and Toby!", Mark smiled.

Tom and Toby seemed to mumble something to each other but I couldn't hear, was it about me? Did they already get bad vibes from me?

"Hello! Mark told us about you earlier before you arrived here", Toby smiled.
"Oh really?", I looked at Mark. He seemed to be turning red.
"Yeah! Would not shut up about you", Tommy laughed.

Mark was turning more red than ever, "they're trying to embarrass me, it won't work. I told them how I helped you and such".
"I believe you", I smiled.

"Oh crap, I have to go. I'll be back in a few hours", Mark got an Amber Alert on his phone and got up.
"Woah woah woah, you're just going to drop out of school?", I asked.
"Yeah, sorry. Tommy and Toby can show you around"

He quickly ran out of the lunchroom and out the doors of the school.

"Does he normally do that?", I asked.
"Yeah, all the time. We have no idea why though", Toby sighed.

"Huh, well I'm going to find out", I grabbed my phone and left.
Tommy grabbed my hand, "woah! He's going to be okay, I'm sure. Just stay here"
I pulled away, "I just feel like I need to find this out".

I lied... I never felt like I needed to... I just wanted to because it's dangerous and that's what you do when you're a kid, do decisions that you know are dangerous.

••••••••••••

I opened my phone and got a notification from YouTube.

I clicked it.

"Spider-Man, also known as SpiderBoo, was seen earlier today swinging downtown near a small high school, some say he even exited the building with a backpack on. What crime could he be after? Or about to start?"

Huh- SpiderBoo... never heard of him before. Right as I thought that I saw a black and white blur go over my head. It was SpiderBoo.