Chapter 2

Jasmine stepped out of the hospital and took a deep breath. She slowly let it out and looked up to the night sky. She smiled softly as she searched for stars, but alas it was too bright from the city lights. She shook her head and headed to her car. She froze when she saw the note on the windshield.

She picked it up and ran her fingers over his familiar handwriting. She sighed as she locked down her emotions. "You can stop lurking now Lucian," She rolled her eyes and grabbed her keys from her purse. "I must say you have gotten better at your ninja skills but I still spotted you, unless you wanted me to know you were here? Which is it? You can tell your brother I got his pathetic excuse of an apology note so you can leave now."

"I didn't want to startle you Cupcake. We both just wanted to make sure you got home safe Jazz," Luke said as he emerged from the parking lot. "That's all, well that and he wanted to apologize for the past."

"Well, it's too late for that now," She snapped. She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed, "I really do not want to lash out at you Lucian, go home."

"I will once I know you got home safe and sound Jazzy," he said softly. "It's two in the morning and you are exhausted."

"Well, that's the life of an ER doctor," She sighed while unlocking her car. "I am fine, I have done this a million times. I know what you are up to, you are trying to find out where I live and that is not going to happen. I refuse for him to know."

"I won't tell him," Luke whispered.

"Don't lie Lucian," She glared at him. "You are brothers."

"That still doesn't mean I will tell him," Luke shook his head. "Please just let me take you home Jazzy so I know you made it there safe and sound."

"What part of NO do you not want to listen to Lucian?" she snapped. "I am fine, now leave me alone so I can go home and get some sleep."

"Okay Cupcake," He nodded and took a step back.

"Go home Lucian," She pointed at him, "Tell your brother I got his note but I refuse to accept his apology. He needs to leave me alone and so do you. If you follow me home Lucian you will regret it, am I understood?" She asked and he nodded.

"But how will I know if you made it home okay?" he asked.

She shrugged, "Guess you won't, you've done just fine all these years not knowing, you can go some more not knowing." She got in her car, locked the doors, and turned on her headlights. She turned on her music and drove away with Luke watching her.

Jasmine pulled into a parking lot and parked her car. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She closed her eyes and rested her head against the steering wheel while she took deep breaths to lock down her emotions. Once she gathered herself, she grabbed her purse and got out of the car. She locked it then walked to the other side of the parking lot. She unlocked another car and got in. She started the car and then pulled out of the parking lot. She wasn't going to take any chances of being followed. She constantly checked her mirrors as she drove to her house.

She finally got home and used her fingerprint to unlock her door. She dropped her keys into the bowl on the table and locked her door then went around the house to make sure all the windows and back door were locked as well. She quickly changed into pajamas and got into bed. She couldn't believe he showed back up in her life after all these years. She punched her pillow, how dare he act like he cared for her after all the shit he put her through and then to have the nerve to try and apologize? Well, she wasn't going to put up with his shitty excuses or ever forgive him. She will never see him again now that he had another doctor to treat him. Yep, he was out of her life again and for good this time. She sighed and laid back down. Why wouldn't her mind quit thinking of him? He was nothing but trouble. She shook her head, she had to move past tonight, she had to. Ugh, of all the places in the whole world, why did he have to show up at her hospital?