Chapter 44

"Dr. Young," She mumbled half awake hearing her phone ring.

"Can you please come in, there were multiple car crashes inbound," the nurse said stressed out on the other end.

"I'm on my way," She said sitting up and yawning. She tossed her phone down and rushed to the bathroom. She came out a few minutes later with her toothbrush in her mouth while pulling her hair up into a bun. She continued brushing her teeth while trying to figure out which room she was in and how to get to get to the room that had her clothes.

"Hey Princess," Victor said coming into the room, "what has you all confused?" She looked at him confused and he chuckled. "Your bond isn't completely blocked, I could tell you were confused."

She nodded and pointed to her clothes then phone and headed back to the bathroom to rinse out her mouth. She emerged to see Gabe coming in with clothes and scrubs. "Here you go Trouble."

"Thank you," She said kind of shocked taking the clothes then headed back to the bathroom.

She came out a few minutes later dressed for work and sat to put her shoes on. She grabbed her phone and started double checking to make sure she had everything.

"Come on Princess, I'll take you to work," Victor said grabbing his car keys.

"Here you go Beautiful," Marc said as they came down the stairs. "Here's you some breakfast you can eat in the car, some lunch for later, and some coffee."

"Oh thank you," She smiled as she took the bag and cup from him. "This smells wonderful."

"Have a good day saving lives, Baby," North said as he came down the stairs yawning. He kissed her head then headed to get the cup of coffee from Marc.

She nodded then followed Marc out the door. "She took it better than I was expecting," Marc said honestly. "Think it means she's starting to accept us more."

"Hope so," North said after taking a drink. "I really hope so."

"How much sleep did she even fucking get?" Gabe asked yawning.

"Four hours," Victor said looking at his watch. "Even Doc gets more sleep than she does."

"We can't push it right now," Sean shook his head. "She doesn't fully trust us yet. She will see it as controlling and put us in the box she thinks half blood purple moon beloveds are treated."

"So what do we do Doc?" Victor asked, "Just keep caring for her when she makes herself sick from pushing and working too much?"

"No," Owen shook his head, "well we do care for her but also show her that she doesn't have to work so much. It will be okay to turn her work phone off or not answer it. Remember we did have to do that with Dr. Green, we will have to do it with her now as well."

"Would also help to have Uncle talk to her," Kota pointed out as he came in. "He can talk to her about what she thinks of beloveds and what we really are."

"I'll call him," North nodded as he finished his coffee.

The rest of the day flew by and before Jasmine knew it, it was nearing midnight and she still wasn't done. She sighed and took a drink from her water bottle. This day had been extra hard on her and she really just wanted to curl up in her bed and forget about today.

The supervisor walked into the break room and was shocked to see her. "What are you still doing here Dr. Young? You were supposed to be off hours ago."

"No one told me," She shook her head, "and every time I turned around it seemed like there was someone else who needed me."

"Well, thank you for that," She said as she took a drink from her coffee, "but I need you at your best and that means you need sleep. Go home, Dr. Young."

"Thank you," she nodded, "I will." She stood and stretched. She started to walk off when her supervisor called out.

"Turn off your phone Dr. Young, I don't want to see you here tomorrow, today, whatever it is."

"Yes Ma'am," Jasmine said as she headed to her locker to grab her things. She powered on her phone and saw all the numerous texts. She opened the group chat and took a deep breath.

Today has been hard, I just need some space to think and come to terms with today. I'm going to my house for the night.

Her phone pinged a minute later, We are sorry you had such a bad day. We would like for you to come back home to us but understand this is what you need. Can one of us come pick you up and take you to your house so you don't have to walk? Please.

She sighed then decided to take a chance. Thank you just don't ask about today.

Yes Ma'am, be there soon.

She finished gathering her things and just as she was leaving the hospital Silas was pulling up. She got in the car and he drove silently to her house. He followed her inside and sat a bag down on her nightstand. "Food for when you get hungry Angelos Mou," He said softly as he knelt down and removed her shoes then tucked her into bed. "Sorry you had a bad day. We would take the hurt if you let us." He pushed some hair out of her face. "If you need to talk or vent we will be here for you. Just say the word."

"Thank you," She whispered. "Not today."

"Okay," he nodded. "Try and get some sleep. I'll lock the door when I leave." She nodded and he kissed her forehead then left.