Chapter 7

Jasmine stepped out of the hospital and yawned. She looked around and was surprised to not find Luke by her car. She kept glancing around but he didn't appear. She frowned then found herself surprised that she was actually looking for him. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't seen or heard from him in a couple of days.

She grabbed her phone and before she thought about it sent him a quick text. You are getting better at your ninja skills, I haven't seen you in a few days. She shook her head and got in her car. She reminded herself that she wanted nothing to do with them.

Sorry Cupcake, actually haven't had time to test them out on you, been busy with work. She smiled and started her car. Before she could pull out of the parking lot her phone pinged again, Are you just now getting off work? It's three in the morning.

I am well aware of the time Lucian and yes I am just about to leave for work. That's the price I get for being one of the best in the hospital, I am always wanted for something. She replied then sat her phone in the passenger seat.

Just as she was about to pull out on the main road her phone pinged again. She sighed and quickly glanced at it, Text me when you get home so I know you made it safely. Please.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, she can't get mad at him, she was the one that reached out to him in the first placed. She sighed and headed to the parking lot to get her other car. No matter how tired she was she couldn't risk someone following her. She finally made it home and after checking that all the doors and windows were locked, she changed into some comfy pajamas.

She grabbed her phone and sent off a quick text to Luke, I made it home safe and sound, heading to bed. You get some sleep too. Doctor's orders. She put her phone on the charger then headed to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Just as she was getting in bed her phone went off with a notification, Yes Doctor. Good night Cupcake.

She got comfortable and within moments she was asleep. A couple of hours later she woke to her phone ringing, she sighed and answered it. She groaned hearing her boss asking for her to come in and help with a multiple car wreck that was on its way.

She quickly got ready and rushed to the hospital not even bothering to swap out cars since this was an emergency. Just as they managed to get that one under control there was a suspected overdose and then one thing after another and before she knew it, she had been there for 18 hours.

"Go home Dr. Young," a surgeon said coming in.

"Gladly," She said as she headed to her office to get her stuff. She sighed when she recognized the person sitting in a chair across from her office door. "Lucian," She said unlocking it. "You are not making a very good ninja right now."

"I'm being obvious on purpose," He chuckled. "How long have you been here Cupcake?"

"Eh, about eighteen hours give or take," She shrugged as she grabbed her stuff then headed for the parking lot. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see when you got off work so I could bring you something to eat or see if you wanted to go get something to eat," he admitted as he walked beside her. He noticed her start to stumble and grabbed her, "Hey you okay Jazzy?"

"Just a little light headed," She shook her head, "I'll be fine. Sorry about that. Just need some water."

"Are you sure?" He stopped them walking and stood in front of her. "You don't look like you feel well Jazzy. How much sleep did you get before you went to work?"

"Enough," She said as she held onto his arms. "I just didn't get enough water to drink during my breaks, that's all. I'm sure once I get some water I will be fine." She looked up at Luke and frowned, "Lucian, there's two of you."

"What?" He asked then internally cussed she was passed out. He quickly caught her and carried her over to his car. "Alright Jazzy, you are going to hate me for this but it's for your own good, I promise," He mumbled as he gently sat her in his passenger seat and buckled her in. "This will be fun to explain."