Chapter 27

Her body was on fire. She was certain of it, there was so much pain coursing through her that she was certain her skin was ripping from the muscles and they were being torn from her skeleton. Everything hurt and the air was filled with the metallic coppery scent that was uniquely only known as blood. It was everywhere and she wanted to hurl from the overpowering stench of it. She couldn't move though because she knew it would be like she jumped into a pot of lava and acid. Was this what death was actually like? She thought then calm darkness she felt from the knife piercing her heart was death claiming her but was this actually what hell was like? This continuous pain and burning in her bones and every fiber of her?

"Easy Baby," North's voice pierced through the fire. "That's it, easy."

"It's alright Cupcake," Luke's voice joined his brothers. "It's okay, you can do it, Jazzy."

What was going on? What are they talking about? Do what?

"Get away from her! She's mine!"

Oh shit! Her mind began to panic as memories came rushing back. Her body shook as her tears burned against her skin.

"Shhh, it's alright Cupcake," Luke's voice surrounded her, "You're safe now Jasmine."

"She's MINE!" The hunter screamed. "I NEED her blood for my collection."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" North screamed. "You will not touch her again."

"It just must kill you that I got to drink from her before you. Oh that intoxicating blood of hers coursing through me. Oh wow, no wonder she was kept hidden. If people knew a purple moon half blood was around everyone would be trying to claim her. Having that kind of power and be able to drink that kind of blood whenever the hell you want," He chuckled "Yeah, I'm claiming her for my collection. I have to feel her again. Her sweet body under me calling to me and moving against me—"

"That's it, I kill you" The Russian growled then there were sounds of flesh being torn apart and a fire erupting in the distance.

"Jazzy," Luke spoke softly as he reached out and touched her skin. She flinched back banging her head on the wood, "Easy Jazzy, it's just me, your Luke." Tears slipped free making her tremble as they burned. Fingers gently wiped them off and she could tell they were North's from the roughness.

"Come on Baby, come back to us," North gently pleaded. "It's safe now, he's gone. Open your pretty little eyes and come back to us, please."

He sounded so pitiful it actually hurt her. She could hear the worry, pain, and longing in his voice. Did he actually care that much about her?

"Come on Cupcake, please open your eyes and show me that you hear me," He pleaded. "I can't lose you again Jasmine, please."

"She's too weak right now Luke," Sean said softly. "She lost so much blood. She shouldn't be alive but she is, you know what that means."

"Her vampire is keeping her alive," North said stripping his shirt off to cover her.

"Jazzy, please," Luke said gently pushing her hair out of her face. "Please, I can't lose you again. I can't."

"Lu.." She barely whispered gathering just enough strength to open her eyes. Her vision was blurry but once she eyes locked with his brown ones, she watched as he gasped in awe.

"Holy shit, that's beautiful," he whispered as he watched her eyes transition from cerulean blue to violet purple and her hair turn onyx black. Luke reached out and gently pulled on her lips to see her fangs. "So beautiful."

"Careful Luke, she's been deprived of blood for so long she's starving," Sean whispered. "If she were to cut you, she may not be able to control herself."

"Good idea," Luke nodded, called forth his vampire, making his eyes go from brown to amber and sliced his wrist. He held it up to her mouth and smiled, "Take it Cupcake, you need to get your strength back. I got you Jazzy, drink."

Jasmine closed her eyes and they watched her hair faded back to dark brown. When she opened her eyes they were back to blue, "No," She whimpered and weakly turned her head away.

"Please Baby," North said taking her hand in his. "Please you are so weak, you need to drink."

"No," She barely breathed. "No vampire no."

"We just saw her Jazzy," Luke said, "She was so beautiful, please Jazzy, you need to drink, you are too weak right now. Please let me help."

"Please Baby," North pleaded. "You don't have to drink from me, I'll stay away just please let her through and drink, please."

"Too late," She barely spoke, "lose control, too late."

"No you won't," North shook his head as he felt her get weaker, "You are too stubborn and care too much. As much as you're mad you still care, I believe in you. We believe in you."

"Too tired," she breathed, "too..."

"Baby?" North asked as a few tears slipped down his face.

"Fuck this," Luke said slicing his wrist again and pressed it against her mouth. "She can be mad at me all she wants, I don't care, I'm not losing her again." He pressed even more, "Come on Jazzy, stop me. If you really want to prove me wrong then stop me." He felt his blood start to be pulled away and chuckled, "That's it Cupcake, take it." Her eyes shot open shining vibrantly purple.