Chapter 43

"You're married?" He asked not really believing her. "I don't see a ring on your finger."

"You know for being a doctor, you aren't that smart," She said pulling the car keys out of her purse and rolled her eyes. "It's not sanitary AND it's against protocol to be wearing jewelry that could tear our gloves and/or slip off into the patient's body as we are working on them. No, I don't wear my ring when I am working but yes, I am married."

"So where is Mr. Young then?" He asked scoffing.

"We are right here," a voice said making them both turn to see Sean and Owen walking towards them.

"Dr. Green?" the doctor asked shocked. "You are married to Dr. Green? Then why don't you have his name then?"

"Why should she?" Sean asked. "She is her own person, and she went through medical school on her own. We didn't marry until after she became a doctor so why should she have my name put on her medical license when I didn't contribute one bit to her becoming a doctor? She became a doctor as Jasmine Young, so it only makes logical sense for that to be the name she continues to use." He wrapped his arm around her waist. "Oh, and by the way, I'm not her only husband. I am pretty sure I said WE are right here. She's married to—"

"Mr. Blackbourne?" The doctor asked shocked.

"Yes?" Owen said staring him down. The man's mouth dropped even more. "Anyway," Owen turned his back to him, "Can I have my car keys Darling? I know you must be exhausted after your long day at work. Would you like to tell us about it while I drive us home?"

"Not really," She shook her head handing him the car keys, "I'm just ready to be home."

"Then let's get you home," Sean said sliding his hand to her lower back. "Have a nice night, Doctor." He called over his shoulder as they walked off.

"How?" She whispered as they walked over to Owen's car. "Sorry I took your car Owen; I hope it wasn't an inconvenience for you."

"Not at all," Owen said shaking his head. "I have more than one car, I just took another to work."

"Oh," She whispered as he opened the passenger door for her. "Thank you."

"You are welcome," he said as she got in. He nodded to Sean who nodded back then got in his car and drove off.

"How did you know which hospital I was at?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

"Corey was about to ping your phone before it died," He answered honestly. "We didn't want to push through the bond incase you are busy so that seemed the safest way."

"What if I was still busy?" she asked curiously. "Were you just going to wait until I was done?"

"Yes," He answered honestly.

"Oh," She whispered and went back to looking out the window.

"North wants to know what you are hungry for, and he will make it so you can eat when we get back home," He said after some time.

"I don't know," She shrugged, "I can't decide, my brain is too tired to think of something. I'll probably just go straight to bed."

"Will you try and take a couple of bites of something before you get some sleep, please?" Owen asked and she yawned.

"If I'm awake," She nodded as she continued to look out the window. "Thank you for picking me up."

"Of course," He said softly. "I will anytime you would like."

"That's okay," She shook her head, "I know it's an inconvenience."

"It honestly isn't," Owen shook his head, "I have no reason to lie to you Jasmine, I am up all hours of the night so it's not a bother at all. All of us hardly sleep so it would actually give us something to do besides work. But it's only if you would like for us to. I understand that you may feel like it would be taking some of your independence away so only when you would like, we are more than glad to come pick you up, so you don't have to drive."

"Okay," She whispered closing her eyes after yawning.

"Wake up Baby," North's voice slowly woke her up. "Come on Baby, open those pretty eyes so I can see what color they are."

"Seepy North," She whined as she buried her head into his chest as he carried her.

"I know Baby," He chuckled, "But you need to eat before you go back to sleep. Your tummy needs food."

"Not hungee," She whined again, "Ewww bright light, bright light."

"Okay Gizmo," Luke chuckled as he dimmed the lights. "Are you sure you aren't hungry for some buffalo boneless wings?"

"Too seepy," She shook her head.

"Just eat a couple Baby then I'll put you to bed," North encouraged as he sat down at the table. She huffed and opened her mouth without opening her eyes. Just as he was about to put one in her mouth, she closed her mouth and pulled back. He chuckled, "Open Baby, there's ranch on it, I didn't forget."

After she ate a few more wings he realized she was drifting back into a deep sleep so Gabe took her and helped her change into some shorts and a large baggy shirt then cleaned her face and helped her brush her teeth.

"Let me have her, I don't have anything planned tomorrow, today, whatever, so she can sleep in without anyone accidentally waking her," Victor whispered taking her from Gabe. He gently laid her in his bed and covered her up, "Sleep well Princess."

"Hmmmm my Prince," She mumbled after he kissed her forehead and she drifted back to sleep.