Chapter 45

Jasmine sat up and groaned as she ran her fingers through her hair. She couldn't sleep no matter how much she tried. Getting out of bed, she headed to the kitchen and made herself something warm to drink. She turned and leaned against the counter with her back to the counter while she held her cup of hot cocoa and sipped on it.

Her mind was racing from the events at the hospital and she couldn't shake the confusion that was coursing through her. She really needed to sort everything out so she could get some sleep. Her body was beyond exhausted that it was starting to hurt.

What's wrong, Cupcake? You should be sleeping. I know you are tired after those long hours.

Just have a lot on my mind sorry for bothering you.

You aren't bothering me at all, I promise. Can you tell me what's wrong? Maybe I can help clear up what's confusing you or one of us can.

Just something happened at work that really upset me, that's all, I'll get through it eventually.

Oh Cupcake, I'm sorry. I would hug you if we were there. Would you like me to come over or come get you and we can talk it out?

I don't know She sighed I just don't know.

I'm sorry Jazzy, I wish there was a way to show you that you can talk to us about anything.

I just need time Lucian, she sighed and bit her lip. I lost someone I personally knew and as much as I tried I couldn't save her.

Oh my goddess Cupcake, I'm so sorry. Please let me come get you. Please. You shouldn't be alone while you mourn for your friend.

Okay She caved and shut down the bond. She looked down at her hot chocolate and felt a few tears slip down her face as she thought about what happened at the hospital.

A knock on the door made her realize that she hadn't moved since she shut down the bond. Silas is at the door Cupcake, he was closest to your house.

She walked over to the door and unlocked it, "I'm....I'm sorry I didn't ...I lost track of..."

Silas gently took the cup out of her hand and sat it down then pulled her into a hug, "It's fine Angelos Mou," He whispered into her hair, "You have stuff at our house. Come on, let's go home." She nodded, "Go put your shoes on while I wash your cup. Luke will gladly make you another up when we get there." She nodded and headed back to her room to get her shoes on. When she came back he slid a hoodie on her then followed her out the door, locking it behind him.

They remained silent the whole trip. North was waiting outside when they pulled up. "Hey Baby," he said softly as he opened the door for her. "I'm sorry." She nodded and followed him into the house. "Gabe put clothes in your room if you want to go change."

"I'll make you some hot cocoa while Corey sets up a movie for us to watch," Luke said after he hugged her tightly.

She came back down in the fresh pajamas and took the cup from Luke then followed them into the media room. "Dracula?" Corey asked and she nodded. "You got it."

She curled up in the recliner and started watching it.

"You are my love... and my life, always," Mina said and Jasmine sighed.

"What is it Cupcake?" Luke asked as Corey paused the movie.

"Why can't that be real?" she asked and Luke frowned.

"It can be, Cupcake," he said softly. "It is real."

"No, it isn't," She shook her head.

"What are you talking about Jazzy?" He asked confused. "It is real."

"Then why did my good friend, who was a blue moon half-blood's two beloveds beat her then drain her dry and try to cover it up by making it look like was in a car accident?" She whispered as tears slid down her face. "I saw the bite marks on her neck and wrist. If they really loved her, why did they do that to her? Why did she let them do that to her over and over? Why does being a beloved hurt so much?"

"Oh Cupcake," he whispered as he pulled her into his lap and just held her while she cried. He looked up at the group and saw their looks of sadness and anger.

"We are so sorry your friend went through that, Baby," North sighed, "It's not supposed to be that way, no matter how intoxicating your blood is. You don't treat your beloved that way. They are supposed to be cherished."

"Your blood is the most intoxicating there is Pookie," Sean said softly. "It's the rarest kind there is, with blue moon the second rarest. We have tasted your blood twice now and yet we haven't pressured or demanded for more, have we?" She pulled away from Luke and shook her head. "Can that show you that we are different than what you know? Or try to help show you that we have more control than what you have seen?"

"We only want to cherish you Princess," Victor nodded, "We don't want your blood unless you willingly give it to us, like you did when you completed our bond. We just want to be with you."

"Like what we have been doing?" She asked and they all nodded. "Maybe..."

"That's all we ask for," Luke whispered and she laid her head back in the crook of his neck. "Try and sleep Cupcake."

"No work morrow," She whispered as she drifted off to sleep. "Phone off."

"Okay," North whispered. "Sleep Baby."