Chapter 12

Jasmine got in the taxi and sighed in relief, she managed to get away. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back, she just needed to get a hotel and then she could rest and figured out what to do next. She knew she couldn't use her cards and would have to rely on what cash she had on her for the next few days but she was okay with that, she had cash stored away for if this ever happened. She never thought it would be North and Luke showing back up but someone else. But that was another problem all in itself that she hoped wouldn't ever happen, she could only handle one drama at a time. The cab pulled into the hotel and she thanked them.

After getting herself a room, she took a shower and then turned on some random show before picking up her phone, this would have to be a quick message so she could turn it back off until her location was turned back on. She also needed to transfer her contacts over to her burner phone she thought as she placed a call to the hospital. She needed a few days off before she could go in and request a transfer. She had to have to time to figure out how to manage that because she knew Luke would probably stalk the damn hospital now that she was running.

"Dr. Smith, this is Dr. Young," She said trying to sound professional but she was feeling very light headed again. "I need a few personal days off please. I think I am coming down with the stomach flu and don't want to risk exposing others. What? He was asking about me again? Oh thank you for not revealing that. Thank you, I will let you know when I can come back in. Goodbye." She hung up the phone and groaned, Dr. Green was already at the hospital looking for her? Damn they were quick. Oh well she was safe from them for tonight. She closed her eyes to stop the room from spinning and laid down. She just needed sleep right now. She would figure things out tomorrow.

(Meanwhile)

"We need to find her," Luke said looking out the window. "She is sick."

"She could have gotten really hurt," Nathan said looking around the room.

"She needs to rest," Silas said softly.

"She isn't answering her phone, it's just ringing," Luke said as he redialed her number again. "Or reading her text messages. What if she passed out again?"

"Can you see if her phone is on?" Owen asked, "Keep trying Luke."

"I've got her location!" Corey shouted from his laptop. "I know where her phone is at least and it's not moving so she's staying wherever she is."

"Let's go," North growled as he grabbed his keys and stormed out of the house.

"I will try the hospital and see if she is up there," Sean said grabbing his phone and keys. "Or heading up there. We can meet up at her place, text me the address."

"I can go see if her car is there," Luke suggested, "or maybe look for her other car," He darted out and jumped into Sean's car with him.

An hour later the group pulled up to the house and got out. It was dark and silent. A few minutes later Sean and Luke showed up.

"She's not at the hospital," Sean shook his head. "They haven't seen her and or they won't tell me if they have seen her. They won't confirm if she is on schedule to come in either. They are really protective of her."

"I didn't see her car either," Luke shook his head, "and I couldn't figure out which other car is hers either so I don't know if she came back for it yet or not."

North nodded at Luke and Luke took off toward the house. He came back a few moments later and shook his head, "She isn't here. All the lights are off and all the windows are locked so I can't get in. Plus she has a fingerprint and code doorknob on both the front and back entrances, she is very cautious about safety apparently."

"Good," Raven nodded, "nyet good now but good."

"Where else could she be?" Axel asked. "Think, is there somewhere else she would have liked to go?"

"Not that I know of," Luke shook his head. "I only seen her at the hospital."

"I just hope she is okay if she didn't take her suppressants," Sean said. "She could be suffering from side effects if she isn't taking them like she is supposed to."

"Suppressants for what?" North asked and Sean shrugged.

"I don't know, it doesn't say," Sean said. "But it could be for anything. I won't know until I see the prescription bottle. It could be for immune system or something else."

"Try her cell again Luke," Brandon suggested.

"It's going straight to voicemail now," Luke frowned as he tried again. "It's either dead or turned off."

Corey pulled out his laptop and started typing away, "The phone's location hasn't moved since we left so if she isn't in the house there's a good idea that she powered it off and left it here."

"Fuck," North sighed and Luke looked at him suspiciously.

"What happened North?" Luke asked. "Tell us what happened that night that is causing all of this. This isn't the same Jazzy from years back. What happened that night that she left our house and didn't come back? What is causing all of this?"

"Fuck," North growled as he clenched his fists. "I know what she's doing. I know what the pills are for, I'm a goddamn idiot."

"What?" Sean asked.

"I really messed up," North sighed as he turned away from the group. "You will never forgive me."

"What did you do North?" Luke asked nervously. He had a bad feeling about what North was about to say. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry Luke," North whispered, "I'm so sorry. I fucked up."

"What the fuck did you do North?" Luke asked scared. "Tell me."

"I rejected our Beloved."