Chapter 10

Jasmine paced the room as she tried to figure out what her next step was. Her phone vibrated and internally cursed at the notifications that were popping up. She had to get back to her place immediately. She headed over to the window and sighed in frustration, she was on the third floor of the place. There was a knock on the door and she hurried back to the bed. "Yes?" She asked furious.

"Hey Jazzy," Luke smiled as he came in. "I brought you a couple of my chocolate chip muffins that I know use to be your favorite. Will you please eat something so I know you are okay?"

"Will you take me home afterwards?" She asked eyeing him suspiciously.

"I could," he said then sighed, "but I won't," he admitted. "Jazzy you passed out in my arms because you worked yourself too hard. You need to rest, please Jasmine. Just eat and get some sleep and if you are feeling better tomorrow then I will take you back to the hospital, I promise but just for tonight will you eat and get some sleep."

"I have to go home Lucian," She shook her head. "I can't be here. I can't."

"Because of North?" Lucian asked and she shrugged.

"That's part of it," She admitted. "But I won't tell you the rest."

"Okay," He nodded and she looked at him confused, "I won't pry. You will tell me when you are ready and you know I am here for when you are ready to talk." He handed her a muffin, "please eat something so you can get better." She sighed and took it out of his hands. She eyed it then him and he chuckled, "I promise no one has tampered it with," He took a bite out of it and once he was done chewing he smirked, "See? It's all good, Cupcake." He sat a bottle of unopened Propel water on the nightstand. "I'll leave you alone now. There is a charger in the nightstand for your phone. I will go get you one of my shirts for you to sleep in." He headed to the door then stopped before opening it. "Hey Cupcake?"

"What Lucian?" She asked nervously.

"What happened?"

She sighed and headed over to the window seat. She looked out the window and sighed again, "Go ask your brother."

She heard the door open and shut. She turned back around and found the room empty. She sighed and curled up in the window seat. She laid her head against the cool glass and groaned, she needed to figure things out and quickly.

Luke entered the living room and glared at North, "What happened North?"

"None of your business Lucian," North growled as he looked out the window.

"It is my business," Luke growled, "You hurt her and she is pushing herself to the point of making herself sick because she is trying to stay the hell away from you at all costs by constantly working at the hospital. Whatever you did to her broke her heart." Luke sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "What happened between the two of you North? I'm trying to help," Luke sighed again, "I'm trying to help both of you, you both are miserable as hell and you saw how she was North. She is making herself sick, do you really want her to get worse? I'm trying everything possible to get her to stay here and get better but I am really worried that she will try to sneak out and run away. You know her better than anyone else North, if she leaves there is a very good chance she will make it impossible to be found and what's going to happen if she passes out again and we aren't there? This is no longer about getting your Baby to forgive you, this is about finding out what you did to her and making sure she gets better, even if it means letting your Baby go in order to do so. Help me help your Baby North, please?"

"Guys," Sean called out from upstairs, "Get up here, we have a problem."

They rushed upstairs and Luke internally cursed as he looked into the room.

"Fucking hell," North growled as he walked over to the open window. "She could have really hurt herself climbing out of here. Did I cause this?"

"No, she was adamant about going home and we refused to listen to her demands. I was trying to look out for her health but I'm just as much at fault for not listening to her demands. There's something else," Sean said making the group turn and look at him. He held up her cell phone, "It was under the bed. Those notifications weren't for vitamins or upcoming surgeries."

"Then what were they for?" North asked nervously.

"Reminders for her to take suppressants."