Chapter 8

"Yeah?" North asked seeing Luke calling him.

"Open the front door in five minutes," Luke said as he got closer to their gate.

"Why?" North asked confused.

"Please just do it and have Doc ready for an exam," Luke sighed as he typed in the code into the keypad. "I'm passing the gate now."

Luke hung up before North could respond, causing North to growl in frustration. "DOC!" He shouted as he shoved his phone into his pocket.

"What's wrong?" Sean asked rushing down the stairs.

"I don't know," North sighed trying to calm down. "Lucian just said to have you be ready for an exam then hung up on me. He'll be here any minute."

"Is he fucking hurt?" Gabe asked coming out of the living room.

"I don't know," North said trying to be calm.

Just then there was a couple of bangs on the door and North opened it to find Luke carrying a passed out Jasmine Young in his arms.

"What the fuck?" North asked completely in shock.

"Bring her into the office and tell me everything," Sean said immediately switching into doctor mode.

"She worked an eighteen hour shift straight through and passed out while talking to me after saying she saw two of me," Luke said then started counting for the implode.

He got to three before he heard, "You've been visiting her?!?!?!" From North.

"That isn't really that shocking to hear," Sean said checking her pulse while looking at his watch. "Anything else?"

"She only had maybe three hours of sleep before she got called into the eighteen hour shift," Luke said watching her not liking how pale and skinny she was.

"If she passed out at the hospital then why didn't you just bring her in there?" Kota asked confused on why Luke brought her all the way to their house instead.

"She practically lives there," Luke shrugged, "She didn't seem to be in immediate danger and I trust Doc more than those strangers."

"She probably just passed out from lack of enough sleep and probably not eating," Sean said softly. "Move her to a guest room and prepare for the fight she is going to cause when she realizes where she is." He turned to Luke and sighed, "You know you have some explaining to do and she is going to be very livid with you, you know that don't you?"

Luke nodded, "I know."

"I got her," North whispered as he carefully picked her up. "I can just put her in my room."

"No," Owen shook his head, "She is already going to be mad for being here, let's not anger her more by having her in your room. She's still hurt and mad for whatever you did to her. Just put her in the guest room that Mr. Coleman is setting up from the way he ran out of the room moments ago."

"Fine," North sighed in defeat and slowly left the office while holding her bridal style. He walked into the guest room and gently laid her down in the bed after Gabe moved the comforter back. He removed her shoes then covered her up. He kissed her forehead and sighed as he pushed some hair out of her face, "I'm so fucking sorry Baby," he whispered then left the room.

He came down the stairs and saw Luke heading to the kitchen. He grabbed him by the back of his shirt and dragged him into the study where he noticed everyone else was following. He tossed Luke into the room and crossed his arms, "Explain now Lucian."

Luke sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I've been talking to Jazzy since your hospital visit."

"WHAT?" North shouted then grunted as Silas nudged him and looked up above them. North took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "Explain."

Luke sighed and told them how he went back to try and talk to her and how he finally got her to take his number and everything. "Then she made the comment how I was improving my ninja skills but I told her I hadn't been able to check up on her because I've been busy with work. That's when I realized it was three in the morning. She made the comment about me going to be on doctors orders and earlier when I had said I had something to do I went up there to see if I could find her up there and try to get her to eat because I was certain she had either been too busy or just nibbled on something. I waited about six hours or so because she was in the midst of a surgery according to a nurse. She finally came to her office and made a comment about me not being a good ninja. I told her I was being obvious and asked her how long she had been working. She said give or take eighteen hours then when I saw her stumbling as we left the hospital, I asked if she was okay. She said she just needed some water then that's when she said she saw two of me and passed out. I picked her up and brought her here. Here," He said handing over his phone to North. "You can see everything. I'm sorry I hid her but she didn't want us fighting or getting involved because of whatever you did to her. I just wanted to make sure she was okay and I know whatever you did you regret and she was your true love. I knew you would want to know she was okay and I thought I could help in getting her to forgive you. We both miss her, I was only trying to help. I was going to tell you eventually."

"Goddamn you Lucian!"