Chapter 13

Luke shoved North and when North rolled over Luke started punching him in the face repeatedly. North just let him and after a few moments Gabe pulled Luke off of North. "You fucking asshole!" Luke screamed while trying to break free from Gabe and Silas. "Let me fucking go, I'm going to kill him. I hate you right now North! How could you do that? I hate you!"

"I'm sorry Lucian," North said after spitting out a mouthful of blood. "I fucked up alright?"

"Yeah, you fucking did!" Luke shouted. "You tell them how you lost our one true love because you are a goddamn idiot!"

"I'm sorry," North repeated.

"Alright," Silas said trying to keep his cool as well. "Let him explain."

"Fine," Luke sighed and quit struggling. "Explain yourself right now."

(Flashback-10 years prior)

"Hey Luke, North, come on in, I'm just studying," Jasmine smiled as she stepped to the side and let them come into her apartment.

"You are going to be one hell of a doctor, Jazzy," Luke smiled as he plopped down on her couch.

"I have to get into medical school first," She rolled her eyes but smirked as she sat back down at her study desk.

"You will do great Baby," North smiled as he sat a water bottle down beside her. "There's no way they would reject you. You are too smart to not get in."

"Glad you have faith in me," She smiled as she opened her highlighter and marked something then started writing. "I just need to finish this chapter then I can hang out for a bit."

"That's fine," they said at the same time.

"Hey do you think you could come meet our friends this weekend Jazzy?" Luke asked after an episode of one of his favorite shows was over.

"I don't know," She shrugged. "Depends on how exhausted I will be after my shifts at work."

"Alright," he smiled, "but just so you know, I know you are going to love them almost as much as you love North and me."

Jasmine burst into laughter and shook her head, "That's crazy, I can't love anyone as much as I love the both of you."

"You only say that because you haven't met them yet," Luke chuckled as he popped a chip into his mouth and went back to his show.

"How about a break?" North asked and she held up a finger then went back to writing something down. After a little bit she sat her pen down, "Break now?"

"Alright," She smiled and followed him to the balcony.

"Hey I have to head to the bakery to help with some orders that are suppose to be ready in the morning for pick up," Luke said coming out to join them.

"Awe, I'm sorry I was so busy," She pouting hugging him tightly.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Luke chuckled hugging her tightly also.

"I'll never get how perfect it feels be in both of your arms," She chuckled into Luke's shirt.

"Maybe it's because you are both of our soulmate," Luke chuckled.

"Ha ha ha ha," She rolled her eyes, "No one finds their soulmate at 19," She scoffed.

"That's not true or there wouldn't be high school sweethearts," North chuckled. "Anyway, I don't like sharing so you would have to choose one of us."

"Nope," She shook her head giggling. "I refuse to choose between the both of you, you will have to share me or we will remain best friends for the rest of my life."

"Well, I won't lose you," Luke smirked, "you will be stuck with me for all eternity."

"Good," She kissed his cheek, "Now go have fun making all those yummy cupcakes."

"I'll bring you a triple chocolate one tomorrow," he smiled at how her eyes lit up. "See you tomorrow Cupcake," he smirked as she shivered under his quick kiss on her forehead and left.

"Come on, you are getting cold," North said watching her tremble slightly. "You need to eat anyway."

"Always so protective," She rolled her eyes while giggling. "I swear it's like you're a Dom or something."

"Maybe I am," he chuckled as he guided her back inside.

She started washing the dishes that were in her sink while North started making her something to eat. "Ouch," She gasped as she accidentally cut her hand grabbing a knife by the blade out of the soapy water. "Shit," she whispered noticing the blood that started forming.

"Is it deep?" North asked grabbing her hand and sticking it under the running water.

"No, it's fine," She said through clenched teeth with closed eyes.

"Hey, look at me Baby," North said softly while applying pressure to the small cut.

"I can't right now," She whispered through clenched teeth.

"Look at me Jasmine," North gently commanded and she sighed and opened her eyes.

"What the fuck?" North gasped looking at her light purple eyes in shock and took a step back. "You're half-blood?"

"Yes?" She asked nervously as he took another step away from her. "North?"

"No," He shook his head and cleared his head, "Show me."

She sighed and elongated her fangs as her eyes turned from an amethyst shade of purple to a violet purple, her honey blonde hair turned to an almost black shade of dark brown.

"Shit, that explains the pull," he whispered as he turned his back to her.

"What?" she asked pulling her fangs back and her eyes turned back to cerulean blue.

"Lucian wasn't joking then," North sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I can't though."

"What?" She asked scared.

"You are our soulmate," North admitted.

"Okay?" She asked confused.

"I don't want to a half blood beloved," He admitted truthfully making her gasp and take a step away from him. "You still have life in you, which means I will eventually lose you."

"Then why are you over here all the time?" She asked getting pissed. "Why did you become my best friend if you didn't want anything to do with my mortality?"

"Because this wasn't long term friendship," He shrugged locking everything down in him. "I knew eventually you would become a great doctor and be transferred somewhere and you would forget all about Lucian and me."

"Don't lie to me North Taylor," She glared. "You cared about me when you thought I was a mortal."

"Yes but I don't love you," he admitted. "I can lose you as a friend, I've done it for way too long. I refuse to fall in love and then lose them. I refuse to have a beloved."

"You asshole," She glared through anger fueled tears. "You are a goddamn asshole. I hate you."

"Good," He nodded, "That will make this easier."

"What?" She asked scared.

"I reject you as our beloved," He said sternly making her gasp and fall to the floor. "Forget about Lucian and me Jasmine, move on with your life and leave this town." He turned away from her sobbing on the floor and walked out of her apartment.

(End of flashback)

North hesitantly looked up at the group then fell back on his ass as Lucian's fist pulled away then came rushing back at his face.

"I hate you North! You are no brother of mine, do you hear me? I hate you!"