Chapter 39

Jasmine felt herself being moved and woke up startled, "Easy Jazzy," Luke whispered tightening his grip on her. "It's just me."

"Luke," She sighed in relief. "Head hurts."

"I know Cupcake, I'm sorry," He gently kissed the top of her head. "Let's get you inside and I'll take some of the pain. Gabe is almost done setting up your room."

"Sorry, I'm bothering you," She whispered, "and messing up your stuff."

"You aren't messing anything up, Cupcake," He said as he started to go up the stairs.

"Luke," Gabe whispered from down the hall, "I fucking moved her stuff to a room downstairs. I didn't want her to fucking fall down the stairs."

"Good idea," Luke nodded then headed to where Gabe was. "Alright Jazzy, I'm going to lay you down, okay?" He asked as he gently laid her down.

"Don't go, Lukey," She pouted. "Please."

"Ok, Cupcake," He whispered as he kicked his shoes off. "Can I take my hoodie off of you? You will be more comfortable."

"Okay," She whimpered as he unzipped the hoodie and started taking it off of her. "Ow."

"I'm going to fucking get Doc," Gabe said as he left the room.

"There we go Cupcake," Luke whispered as he dropped his hoodie on the floor. "Come on, let's lay down." He shifted so he was laying and gently laid her head on his chest. "Just rest Cupcake."

"Jeans rough," She pouted, "hurt."

"I didn't think about that," He chuckled, "I'll go change."

"No alone," She whimpered.

"Can I lay with you, Baby? I mean Jasmine" North asked as he came into the room and stood by the door nervously. "If you don't want me to—"

"North," She held her arms out and he smiled in relief as he walked over to her. He kicked his shoes off and as gently as he could got into the bed. She instantly laid her head on his chest. "Better," She whispered. "Why?"

"I'm taking your pain," He explained, "and the bond."

"Still feel weird," She whispered.

"That's because not all of us are around you," He whispered back. "You will always feel just slightly off, like something is missing because we aren't with you."

"But you're in the house," She whispered confused.

"Not all of us," North shook his head, "Marc left to get some food and Gabe left to meet with Victor to get some stuff for you. Doc went to go pick up your medicine and Raven went to double check that your place is locked up even though Gabe told him he locked the door he needed to see for himself that your place was safe and secure."

"Oh," She whispered still unsure how to feel about everything.

"Sleep Baby, I mean Jasmine" North whispered. "I'm so glad you are okay."

"I can't, I'm going to be sick," She quickly put her hand over her mouth.

"Close your eyes," North instructed then she felt herself being moved, "Alright there you go."

She immediately threw up then whimpered in pain. "I'm so sorry Baby," North whispered as he held her hair out of her face. Once he was sure she was done he carefully picked her up and helped her brush her teeth and rinse out her mouth.

"I don't like this," she whimpered as he gently laid her back on the bed.

"There is a way to stop this, Cupcake," Luke whispered as he got on the other side of her.

"Whoa," She gasped as the feeling of peace soothed the anxiety in her. "What's going on?"

"Everyone is home," North explained.

"Oh," She whispered as she pulled North's blanket up to her face. "What did you mean Lukey?"

"You won't like it," He shook his head, "but it would help you heal faster."

"What are you trying to say?" She asked confused.

"If you complete the bond, you will have your vampire healing abilities," Sean said as he came into the room. "This is to make sure you don't get an infection from the barnacles that cut you," He said holding out a pill. "I can get you a pain pill if you want."

"It doesn't hurt as much anymore," She whispered as she carefully sat up and took the medicine from him. "Thank you."

"Of course," He nodded. "It's strong so you need to eat something so it doesn't upset your stomach."

"Not hungry," She shook her head then groaned at the movement.

"I know you aren't, Cupcake," Luke whispered, "but you really need to help ease your stomach."

"I don't know what I want," She burst into tears. "I just wanna sleep. Just want it all to go away."

"Okay, Jazzy," Luke soothed while looking at North. "How about you just take a few bites then you can go back to sleep?"

"I asked Marc to get you some chicken and dumplings," North whispered. "I know it's your favorite when you are sick."

"How about a movie night?" Luke asked. "Just relax and watch a movie while eating something. How does that sound?"

"Okay," She sniffled. "Sorry."

"Don't be," Sean shook his head, "You have been through a lot. Now what would you like to watch?"

"Dracula," North and Luke said at the same time. She heard a bunch of chuckles and it was only then that she realized the rest of the men were in the room with her.

"What?" She whispered "It's a beautiful—"

"Love story," North and Luke finished at the same time.

"Yeah, we know Baby," North smiled. "You've made it perfectly clear."

She pouted, "Well it is."