Chapter 36

Ten minutes after taking a shower there was a knock on her door. She looked through the peephole to find a delivery man standing there. She opened the door and he smiled, "Dr. Young?" She nodded curiously, "I have a food and package delivery for you, Miss."

"Thank you," She smiled softly as she took the bag from him and sat it down then took a large box from him. He nodded and left. She frowned and opened her phone to see an unread text message waiting for her. Opening it she saw We ordered dinner for you and sent a care package as well. Thank you for showing us what the tattoo will hopefully be one day. Enjoy.

"Care package?" She asked herself as she carried the box into the living room. It wasn't heavy and not large so it was confusing her as to what was inside. She heard multiple things move around so whatever it was, there was more than one thing.

Her phone buzzed so she looked down at it to see another text message. She opened it to see Thank you for letting us get you something to eat. It was from North. She debated on answering him then came to a decision.

Thank you for ordering me something. She sent it then after a few seconds she opened the message again. I'm sorry for what I yelled at you.

I'm not, you were right about everything. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner and I'm sorry for everything.

I know you truly are. I'm working on forgiveness. I no longer hate you and this life but I'm still not happy about it. I'm getting there. It helps tremendously that you are giving me this space and time. I really appreciate it.

Of course, whatever you need we will give you to the best of our ability. I meant what we said, our bond is different than what you know and expect. I hope one day we can show you but I know you need to trust us first. I want to earn your trust and friendship again one day Baby. I'll do whatever to show you.

Right now just keep doing this and maybe it will happen one day. Right now I just need this.

Then that's what we, I, will do. Did you open the box yet?

Not yet.

It's just a little care package to help you relax after your long day at work. Each of us put something in it for you so you had something from all of us. It's just a way to show you that each of us care about you and a way to kind of spoil you even from a distance.

Thank you, I will open it after I eat.

Enjoy.

She smiled and decided to see what they got her to eat. She opened the bag and smiled as she pulled out her favorite Chinese food, sesame chicken with lo mein noodles, a couple of egg rolls, and egg drop soup and lots of soy sauce. Her favorite flavored water was in there as well. She beamed and sat everything on the table.

She decided to go ahead and open the box. She gasped when she pulled out two CDs of music, one from Victor and one from Owen. There was also a cd of ocean waves from Silas. She then pulled out a jar of homemade face mask with a note that said it was from Gabe for her to use after long days at work. There was a dreamcatcher that was from Axel and a tumbler from Sean that said Doctors are superheroes and a new bag of coffee from Marc with a note that said it was his own brand. Corey sent the DVD collection of Harry Potter and Raven sent a pocket knife. Kota sent some books from Ed and Lorraine Warren with a note saying Luke told him they were her favorite and so he had bought some to see what they were about to try and get to know her and these were his favorite from the ones he bought. Luke, North, Nathan, and Brandon all sent hoodies. There was even a stash of her favorite candy in there and she laughed knowing instant who that was from. There was a really soft blanket that smelled of North.

She picked up her phone and took a selfie of her surrounded by all their stuff and her half eaten food in her lap then sent it to the group chat. Thank you for everything. Definitely made the long day better.

You are welcome. Enjoy. Have a good night, sweet dreams.

She sat her phone down and went back to eating after inserting the movie and placing the coffee and tumbler next to the coffee maker so she could try it in the morning. Yeah, this was okay, she could do this. This is what she needed, the distance was safe, she was still in control this way. This would be okay, she hoped.