Chapter 14

I have posted an announcement on my message board. I'm so excited and it wouldn't be possible without all of your support so thank you so much! Now back to the story:

Jasmine woke up and looked around confused for a second then remembered she was in a hotel. She rolled over and got out of bed. Sighing she rushed through her shower and frowned as she stared at herself in the mirror. She didn't like how sunken in her eyes were becoming and how pale she was now. She had to get herself under control again.

She looked around the hotel room and groaned, she needed to get her other car from the hospital and she needed more cash. She slid on some black ripped jeans and a black spaghetti strap shirt then her white button up shirt over it. She slid her hair under the hat and used the hotel phone to call a taxi.

The taxi pulled up to the hospital and she looked around nervously. "Thank you," She said as she paid for the ride and got out. She was so glad she was able to look like other doctors and knew the shifts so she could get to her car and get it while others were doing the same. She kept an eye out while she quickly walked to her car. She didn't want to be spotted; she couldn't deal with it right now.

She sighed in relief when she got in the car and started to leave. Now she just had to get to the bank and figure out how to withdraw cash without it being noticed. She pulled up to the bank and groaned when she realized there was no way she could do it secretively.

"Oh well," She sighed, "Might as well get this over with and on the road before Luke figures it out." She walked into the bank and quickly withdrew what she needed then hit the road. She wanted as much distance as she obtain before one of her secrets were revealed. She knew it would only be a matter of time before North told Luke what happened that night and if Luke was the same as she thought she knew he would come looking for her. She didn't want to face another rejection or listen to his magic words of trying to get her to forgive North. She went through another heartache to last eternity, she didn't want to go through it again. Plus, if that other secret came out she knew Lucian would never let her out of his sight and with Luke comes North and now it seems that huge group of men. Nope, she didn't want to deal with all that. A new start is what she needed and that meant putting her foot to the gas even more than she already was.

(Meanwhile)

"She is the one you wanted us to fucking meet all those years ago?" Gabe asked as he pulled Luke away from North and tried to get him to calm down.

"Yes," Luke sighed as he shook the blood off his hands. He saw Sean looking North over but he didn't care one bit how hurt North was. Okay, a small part of him did, a very tiny part anyway, North is his brother after all but he was too hurt and livid to really care. He couldn't understand how North rejected Jasmine. It didn't matter to him one bit that she was half blood, he always wanted his beloved no matter who or what she was. He knew growing up he would share her with North and that never bothered him one bit, although he was a little worried when he realized him, North, and the guys he considered his other brothers would share one beloved but as long as he had whoever she was he would accept it. It never crossed his mind it would be Jazzy but it did explain the constant want to be with her and worrying about her. He thought at first it was because she was a mortal but this made much more sense and now he was angry and hurt that North rejected her. Now he would never get to shower her with the love he had for her. One day he will forgive North but it won't be for a very, very, very long time.

"So, what happens with us now that he rejected her?" Gabe asked confused.

"Well, we are each others' beloved," Owen said coming over to them, "so since he rejected her that means we also lost her even though we never got to meet her until the other night."

"But we never got to meet her!" Gabe yelled in frustration.

"We may still have a chance," Kota said coming over.

"What do you mean?" Luke whipped around to face him so fast, Gabriel thought he would give himself whiplash. "How could we still have a chance?"