Chapter 4

"Dr. Young?" An officer asked as he opened her door.

"Hi Officer Jones, what can I do for you?" She asked as she quit typing on her computer.

"There is a food delivery for you," he said as he walked into her officer.

"I'm sorry?" She asked confused. "I didn't order any food."

"I didn't think so, you never order food to be delivered," he said as he brought in a bag. "Yet it has your name and is already paid for."

"What?" She asked confused. She took the bag from the officer and opened it up. She sighed when she saw what was inside. "Of course," She muttered and closed the bag. "Do you like Chinese Officer Jones?" She asked as she pushed the bag away.

"I already ate, thanks though," He shook his head. "Do you want me to just throw it away?"

She sighed in frustration, "No, I don't want it to go to waste. Will you just see if any of the nurses want it?" He nodded, "Thank you, Officer Jones."

"Of course," He nodded and left her office.

Jasmine sighed and leaned back in her chair. She took a deep breath, she instantly knew who ordered the food when she saw her favorite Chinese food in the bag. That jerk had the nerve to get her favorite food and have it delivered even though she told that doctor she wanted no contact. Of course the asshole would find a loophole. Why couldn't he just leave her alone? Why the fuck did he have to show up at the hospital she was working at? When she left Oklahoma she thought she would never see him again. Now ten years later she moves back and even though she was now living in a different city he still manages to show up in her life. Why couldn't he just stop already? He was the one that made it perfectly clear that he didn't want a relationship with her anymore all those years ago, so she did as he said and left town and had her life. She had moved on, so why couldn't he? Why couldn't he just leave her alone now?

"We need you to assist on a surgery," Doctor Matthews said knocking on her door.

"Of course," Jasmine said standing and grabbing her white coat.

"Hey is everything okay?" Doctor Matthews asked watching her grab her things.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jasmine said following him down the hall.

Fifteen hours later Jasmine emerged from the surgical room and sighed as she removed her mask. She was beyond exhausted. She entered her office and grabbed her things. Just as she came up to her car she sighed in frustration. "Hey Jazzy," Luke said getting out of his car beside hers.

"What do you want Lucian?" She glared. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I please take you home?" He asked nervously. "You just got out of a fifteen hour surgery."

"How the hell did you know that?" She asked suspiciously. "Are you stalking me now?"

"I came to see if you got the lunch that I ordered you and the security officer told me that you refused it," he tried to explain. "I went to your office to see if you wanted something else and an intern told me that you just got called into a surgery, so I sat in your office and waited. I had just gone to my car to get my phone charger." He held up his charger to show her. "The family keeps blowing up my phone trying to find out where I am because I turned off the location on my phone."

She eyed him, "Why would you turn off your location Lucian?"

"Because I didn't want them to know I was trying to visit you," He said nervously. "Doc told all of us to stay away from you and North is beating himself up and trying to figure out a way to show you how sorry he is. North wanted to come see you to try and apologize again but Doc said your shifts are crazier than his and without being able to access your shifts there was no telling when you would get off and it would just piss you off even more so he needed to stay away. I just wanted to make sure you had something to eat because I know there have been times Doc forgot his food so I didn't want you to go hungry on your rounds. When the delivery guy told me he gave the food to a security officer I came down to see if you got it. If the family knew I was here it would be chaos so I turned off my location."

"Well I did get the food but I gave it to some nurses since I was not hungry," Jasmine sighed, "I appreciate the gesture Lucian but you have to stop. I'm fine and will not be brought into or be the cause of your chaos. Go home Lucian."

"But you are exhausted," he pouted. "Can I please take you home? I swear I won't tell North or anyone from the family."

"No," She shook her head. "Go home Lucian, now. I refuse for you to know where I live."

"Please Cupcake," Luke begged, "I swear I won't tell anyone, I swear."