Chapter 6

Jasmine rolled over and jumped when she saw the time, she was running extremely late. How in the hell did she manage to oversleep? Oh yeah that's right, she turned her phone on to silent when she got home so she could sleep in on her day off but she hadn't meant to sleep that late.

She took a quick shower then quickly threw on some jeans and a black tee-shirt and quickly ran a brush through her black hair. She grabbed her stuff then dashed to the grocery store to get some food shopping done. She headed over to the fruit and vegetable section and forced herself to not groan.

"Baby," North said softly as she walked past him to head over to the corn on the cob. She completely ignored him and started looking for the ones she wanted. Once she was done she headed over to the cucumbers and grabbed some. "Jasmine, please."

"I have nothing to say to you," she said when he touched her arm. "Please leave me alone."

"Dr. Young, what a pleasant surprise," she turned to see Dr. Green and another man from the group walking over to North.

"Dr. Green," She nodded curtly to Sean who was holding an apple pie. "If you want good apple pie, I suggest the bakery two blocks down, they make theirs fresh daily. Excuse me."

"Excuse me," The man next to Sean gently touched her arm, making her stop and look at him. The intensity in his grey eyes shocked her, steeling her in place and for once in a very long time her mind was calm and quiet. "I just wanted to thank you for helping Mr. Taylor Jr. even though he did something that hurt you. You could have found someone else and yet you helped him, so thank you."

Jasmine sighed and nodded, "You are welcome Mr...."

"Blackbourne," he said fixing his tie, "Owen Blackbourne."

"Blackbourne," she repeated. "Mr. Taylor Jr. did more than hurt me, he stabbed me in the heart then yanked it out, but as you know from being around Dr. Green, when it comes to patients it's strictly professional and with being an ER doctor, I wasn't given the blessing of finding another doctor to replace me and my oath is to help everyone. It goes for everyone, whether they broke my spirit or not. I am pleased to see he is recovering in the obviously capable hands of Dr. Green, now excuse me." She took a step back and turned to her cart but found it wasn't where she left it. "What in the world?"

"Oh hey Cupcake," Luke beamed as he pushed her cart back over to her. "I got you some of those nasty green apples and grapes you like and even found your favorite cheesecake."

"Lucian," She rolled her eyes and shooed him away from the cart. "I see you have been working on those ninja skills still."

"You know it," he beamed. "Do you have work today?"

"I'm not telling you," She shook her head, "Now excuse me." Just then her phone started ringing, "Dr. Young," She said professionally. "What? Oh, ok what are the symptoms?" She took a few steps away from the group of men, effectively dismissing them from her mind. "Okay, I'm on my way, I'll be there in about ten minutes," she said as she walked toward the doors of the store.

"She forgot her food," North said as they watched her.

"We will get her food and I'll go up to the hospital and leave a note for her that we have her groceries," Sean said as Luke started pushing her cart.

Thirteen hours later Jasmine left the operating room and headed to her office. She sat down and sighed as she closed her eyes. There was a knock and she forced back a groan of irritation as she called out, "Come in."

"Someone came by while you were in surgery and left a message," the nurse said as she came in.

"What?" She asked opening her eyes. "Thanks," She took the note and the nurse left. She frowned and opened it We grabbed your groceries when you got called into work. Just call me when you are done, no matter what time and we can meet up to give you your food. I will make sure North won't be involved. Dr. Sean Green. She frowned as looked at the note with the phone number.

She grabbed her phone on the desk and stared at it, what will she do? She sighed and typed in the number. "Hello? Dr. Green's phone," A deep voice said and she frowned.

"This is Dr. Jasmine Young, may I speak to Dr. Green please?" She asked.

"One second," He said, "Hey Doc North's lost love is on the phone!"

"Hi Pookie," the happy voice filled her ear. "Are you off work now?"

"That is not the reason for my calling," She said professionally. "I was calling to inform you that you can keep the groceries since you have already paid for them. I will go shopping another day, thank you for the gesture but it is not necessary."

"Dr. Young," A knock on her door had her looking up from her computer, "can you assist in another surgery please? Dr. Smith can't come in, his child is sick with the flu."

"Okay, be right there," She nodded. "Excuse me Dr. Green, duty calls."

Sean hung up his phone and shook his head, "This girl certainly is intriguing," he said as he sat his phone down. "Well, gentlemen what are we going to do now?"