Chapter 37

It had been a few months now and she was now somewhat comfortable communicating with the men through the bond. She would open the bond every few days during the week to let them know she was okay after having a long shift. Sometimes she would receive texts asking if she would like for them to order her something since they were ordering out. Sometimes she would accept and sometimes she would say no and they wouldn't push it. A few times North would ask if she ate and she would be honest. He was trying to trust her when she would tell him she would eat later and she appreciated that he wasn't pushing for prove like she knew he wanted to. Most of the time she would send him a picture of her half eaten food or receipt for delivery but there were times she didn't and although it irked him he forced himself to have faith she ate. He was really trying to accept how the relationship was now and he had to remind himself it was a lot better than it use to be and that would help calm him down. He just hoped soon she would be ready to start seeing them again.

Jasmine walked along the shore lost in thought about her day. It wasn't necessarily a long one but it was a hard one. She stood along some rocks and watched the waves as she tried to deal with some of the patients she had. All of a sudden water hit the side of her leg and she lost her balance hitting the side of her head along a sharp rock. Cursing herself for not paying attention to the water changing she tried to sit up and winced in pain as her leg stung and her head throbbed. She managed to scoot a little bit but her vision blurred and the pain increased.

Shit, she thought as she felt the temperature drop letting her know night was approaching. What the fuck was she going to do now? She knew it wasn't safe for her to be out now as the sharks started to hunt and she was bleeding. Taking a shaky breath she knew what she had to do.

Luke?

Hey Cupcake, what's up? She took another breath and tried to open the bond even more. What's wrong Jasmine? Why are you hurting?

Luke, what's wrong with Jasmine? Why do I feel pain coming from her? North and a few of the others asked at the same time.

I...I...I need help She thought as she felt some of the pain lessen but her vision became spotty. Whoa, what's going on?

We are taking your pain, Baby North explained. Can we see through your eyes please?

Okay but wont like She tried to focus but her breathing was increasing as the panic started to get worse.

What happened Pookie? Sean asked.

She's by the ocean Silas noticed. She's on some rocks.

Thinking long day distracted water knocked me hit rocks side head dark sharks bleeding can't move hurts too much She trembled as she gasped, chest air.

Shit, I'm on my way Jazzy, I'm leaving work now.

Me too, North thought sliding out from under the car he was working on.

Stay, I'm already on my way, Silas said as he drove. I was already leaving work, I'm closer anyway.

I'm on my way too, Sean said driving. I have my medical bag.

Stay awake Baby North thought trying to remain calm. Keep talking to me.

North, She thought pulling on her shirt. Getting dark, sharks feed, blood.

I know Baby, but Silas and Doc will be there soon and get you safe from them. North stood and started pacing as Brandon leaned against some toolboxes. Can we come to your house Baby? Please, can I see that you are going to be okay? Can we please?

Too small she gasped as she tried to scoot back even more but brought her hand down on some barnacles cutting her hand.

After Doc and Silas fix you up will you come stay with us for the night Jazzy, please? Luke asked his voice filled with concern. You can go back home when Doc says you're better, we won't stop you but for tonight will you stay with us?

Okay, She pouted.

"Jasmine!" she heard her voice being called. Comfort and relief started to fill her replacing the fear. "There you are," a deep voice said coming closer to her.