Chapter 42

North rolled over only to find the spot next to him cold. "Baby?" He asked gruffly waking up instantly. "Jasmine?" he called out louder waking everyone.

"What?" Luke asked sitting up yawning from where he fell asleep on the floor. "What's going on North?"

"Where's Jasmine?" North asked getting out of the bed. "Where's Baby?"

Check your phone North her voice filled everyone's mind before the link shut down again.

North grabbed his phone and sighed in relief seeing the new message in the group chat.

I got called into a hospital for assistance and possible residency. I will be back sometime later, I'm not running, and I'm all healed up so don't worry about that either. Bond will be shut down so I can focus on work. Please do not try to open it or look through my eyes, I need to strictly focus on work. I will open it and check my phone when I have the time. I don't know whose car I took; I just grabbed some keys off the keyholder, sorry if you needed it, whosever I took but mine is still at my place. I will be back sometime later today/tonight, I promise.

"Oh, thank the fuck," Gabe yawned as he tossed his phone down on the bed.

"What do we do now?" Luke asked yawning again.

"Go about our day I guess," Nathan shrugged standing and stretching.

They headed downstairs and North sighed when he realized the kitchen was still spotless, "She didn't eat anything before leaving."

"Maybe she grabbed something on the way," Marc suggested as he started the coffee for everyone.

(Meanwhile hours later)

Jasmine sighed as she removed her mask and sat in the break room. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and smirked seeing the text messages.

How are you feeling today? – Sean

I hope you are having a good day at work. — Owen

Were you able to grab some breakfast on the way to work? I can order something for you if you want, just let me know, please? – North

Let me know when you are on your fucking way back and I'll have a hot bath fucking waiting for you to relax in —Gabe

There were other have a good day kind of texts from the rest of them. She forced herself not to smile at all of them. She had to admit she was shocked that there were no anger coming from them over the bond over the fact that she left without waking them when she was leaving. It made her feel good that they were trusting her. She was nervous when she felt the anxiety rushing through her and her stomach was a huge mess earlier but once she opened the bond and she realized what was going on she forced herself not to react and sent the quick message then shut it back down so she could focus on the surgery she was performing. She wasn't really sure how to react over the fact he was so worried about her, was it just because they were beloved or was it true? That was the thing that hung heavy in her heart. If she was honest, she wanted true love not something that was forced upon her by some so called fates deciding who she was going to be with. How did she know this was real?

Whatever you are thinking, stop, we can feel your nerves and anxiety. You are the best at what you do. You are an amazing doctor, and we are proud to call you our beloved —Your Guys

She froze when she looked at the new message that popped up. She hadn't realized she was projecting so hard. She smiled softly as she reread it.

Thank you, I needed to see that although that was not what worrying me. I only have a few minutes so I'll answer what I can quickly. I am feeling fine, just a little tired but long hours so it's to be expected. I was not able to grab breakfast but I did quickly grab a granola bar earlier. I'll grab another later when I can. The bath waiting sounds amazing but I don't know when I will be leaving and I forgot to charge my phone so I can't say for sure when I will be heading back. I'm closer to my place so if it's super late I'll just crash at my place so I don't disturb anyone. I don't know yet.

She hit send and took a deep breath to try and calm her racing nerves. "Dr. Young?" A nurse asked rushing in.

"Yes?" She asked sliding her phone into her pocket not seeing the incoming messages.

"There's a bus crash on route," She said and Jasmine stood grabbing a clean mask while following her out into the hallway.

It was two in the morning before she was able to finally catch her breath. "So can I thank you for assisting me so much today by taking you out to eat?" The doctor asked her as they walked out of the hospital. "I know of an excellent diner close by."

"As wonderful as food sounds right now, I have to decline," She said opening her purse to search for the car keys she had tossed in there.

"Why?" He asked curiously taking a step closer to her. "You don't date coworkers or something?"

"I'm married," She said without thinking about it.