Chapter 24

"Thank you so much for your help, Dr. Young," the doctor said as he left the hospital with her.

"Of course," Jasmine nodded as she removed her mask and took a deep breath of fresh air. "I'm glad that I was able to help even though I'm not an official doctor here, I'm just traveling through."

"Well, can I take you out to get something to eat as a thanks for your help before you leave?" He asked watching her go through her purse for her keys.

"I don't date coworkers," She shook her head, "It's a rule of mine, and right now we are technically coworkers. I appreciate the offer though."

"We'll get her something to eat," A voice said making them both turn and see Sean and Luke coming over to them.

"Dr. Green, Lucian," She said through clenched teeth. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you said you don't date coworkers," The doctor beside her said in confusion.

"He's not my coworker," Jasmine said glaring at them. "I want nothing to do with them but they don't seem to get the message."

"We wanted to make sure everything was okay," Luke tried to explain.

"As you can see, I am fine," She said clenching her keys in her hand. "Now go away."

"Alright Jazzy," Luke nodded looking at her and the doctor, "I'm glad you are okay."

"I'm fine," She said sighing. "Now sorry about that Dr. Wilson, if you need help again, give me a ring, you have my number. Just let me get a few hours of sleep first."

He chuckled and held up his phone, "I'll be sure to do that. Thanks again Dr. Young."

Jasmine got into her car, locked the doors and groaned as she placed her forehead on the steering wheel. A knock on the glass made her jump then groan seeing Luke standing there. "What Lucian?"

"Let me drive Cupcake," He said sternly. "It's been almost 18 hours, you are exhausted. I promise I'll take you to your hotel room and make sure no one bothers you. You need sleep Jasmine, you can't keep doing this to yourself."

"I'm a goddamn doctor Luke," She growled, "it comes with the profession. I'm used to it. I know what the hell I am doing it. I did it numerous times before you decided to pop back up in my life and I'll keep doing it after I manage to get the hell away from you and your annoying ass brother. Now go away!"

"No," He said opening her door. "Scoot over, Jasmine."

"What? No, go away Luke!" She said pushing on his arm. "Go away Luke."

"Stop it right now Jasmine," Luke ordered making her freeze in shock. He sighed and crouched down to her level, "I'm trying to work with you Jasmine, I really am but you have to admit you are being pretty damn stubborn and it's compromising your health."

"I'm fine Lucian," She said through clenched teeth.

"Fine, if you can walk a straight line right now then I will leave you alone," He said standing and taking a step back. "Prove me wrong that you aren't exhausted, Jasmine."

"Fuck off Luke," She said reaching for her door but he prevented her from doing so. "Let me go Luke."

"Never," He swore crouching back down to her level. "I finally found you again, I'm never letting you go again, Jasmine, never. Why won't you accept that?"

"Because all it's going to do is cause you heartache and pain," She admitted so softly he barely heard.

"What do you mean Jazzy?" He asked softly taking her hand in his, intertwining their fingers. She tried to pull away, but he tightened his grip. "Talk to me Jasmine."

"Dr. Jasmine Young," A deep voice said from the darkness. "You are a hard girl to find."

Jasmine froze in terror making Luke look at her in confusion. "Go Luke now," She whispered pulling her hand free. "Please Luke, if you truly care about me like you say, then go and don't look back."

"What's going on Jasmine?" He asked stepping back as Jasmine moved to get out of her car. "Who is that, Jasmine?"

He watched a tall man dressed in blue jeans and a solid black tee shirt enter their line of sight. He lit a cigarette and smirked. He had an aura of power and confidence that reminded him of Damon off The Vampire Diaries. Now that he thought about it, he kind of looked like him as well.

"Just go Lucian," She pleaded as she pushed against him. "Please Lucian, please just go."

"No," He shook his head, "I'm not leaving you alone with that guy."

"You don't have a choice little boy," The man chuckled as he took another drag off his cigarette. "Time to go, Jasmine."

"No," Luke said moving in front of her. "She's not going anywhere with you."

"Stay out of this Lucian," She said walking around from behind him. "Please go. I'm sorry but I have to break our promise, I don't have a choice. Please, Lucian, if you truly care about me, let me go."

"No," He grabbed her wrist preventing her from walking away. "You aren't going anywhere."

"What's going on here?" North asked as the group came up to Luke. "Everything okay Baby?"

"Dr. Jasmine Young," The man said with annoyance in his tone, "My patience is wearing out."

"Let me go Lucian," She pleaded with tears in her eyes and pain in her voice. "Please Lucian, please."

"Jazzy," He pleaded.

"Don't you get it Boy?" The man scoffed. "She is trying to save your life. She knows that if I have to take her from you, I will kill you and enjoy every second of it."

"You'll die before you touch either one of them," North growled staring the man down.

The man chuckled, "You must not know who I am Boy."

"I don't care," North growled, "You aren't going to touch my brother or my beloved."

"Enough Dr. Young," The man scoffed. "I have places to be." He dropped his cigarette and before anyone could blink he was snapping Luke's wrist making him release Jasmine.

"Jasmine!" North shouted as he watched the man grab Jasmine by the throat.

"Don't," She gasped. "Don't."

"This isn't over," North growled as the man smirked at them. "We will find you Jasmine." He pointed to the man who moved behind Jasmine, wrapped his free arm around her stomach and licked her cheek as tears slipped free while watching the group of men, "And you, we will kill you."