White Resentment

Lan Wangji carried Wei Wuxian around for a long time, hoping his beloved wouldn't awake, because then he'd worry that the cultivators would hear their fighting. Suddenly, he heard footsteps of cultivators running around and panicked for a hiding spot. Lan Wangji spotted a bush with a rock behind it so he dove in with Wei Wuxian. The footsteps became closer, and closer, until Lan Wangji saw that it was just a just goat. The white clad figure sighed in relief, stepping outside the bushes with Wei Wuxian carried effortlessly with him. Lan Wangji noticed his sword and quqin, and Wei Wuxian. How could he carry all of them? Before, he had Bichen laid on top of Wei Wuxian's body as they ran, with it falling off on multiple occasions. Lan Wangji didn't want to use any cultivation to carry his sword, because then it'd end up him not being able to fight back when he needed too. Lan Wangji saw a tree with vines on it, so he left Wei Wuxian's body behind the bushes and Bichen left to take the vine.

Once coming back, Lan Wangji grabbed Bichen and took the vine to wrap around Bichen's sheath. He also wrapped the vine attached to his sword around his waist, this way it wouldn't keep falling off Wei Wuxian's body, and Wei Wuxian wouldn't need to be used as a sack for Bichen. Once tying the vine into a fine knot around both himself and his sword, he checked behind the bushes for Wei Wuxian, who was still sound asleep. Lan Wangji felt an uneasy sigh of relief come out of his mouth.

Grabbing Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji headed South, hoping to find somewhere that'll keep Wei Wuxian and him safe.

Upon running and walking, Lan Wangji was standing before a dark cave that was big enough for him and Wei Wuxian. As he was heading inside with Wei Wuxian, an echoing and dreadful like voice cooed "Lan Zhan...." This voice sounded like Wei Wuxian's, but it wasn't? Lan Wangji couldn't put his finger on it. The voice cooed again "Lan Zhann..." It'd been forever since he'd last been called that, but he hoped Wei Wuxian would say it and not this mocking thing.

Inside the cave was brighter then Lan Wangji thought originally, probably because the figure behind him was glowing immensely red and black. Lan Wangji didn't sense any malicious intent from this figure, or rather, emotion. Lan Wangji laid Wei Wuxian's sleeping body on the cave walls, making sure he was in a comfortable position, to then turn around pointing Bichen at this figure.

Lan Wangji was shocked to see Wei Wuxian's silhouette staring back, with deep slit back red eyes. The silhouette mocked, "You carry my master even though I could have him kill you?" This voice was Wei Wuxian's but at the same time it wasn't. Like the Stygian Tiger Amulet had a mind of it's own. Lan Wangji stopped pointing his sword at the figure and quickly began undressing Wei Wuxian, he didn't have any ill intentions, he just had to check where Wei Wuxian's heart was. Opening the clothing, Lan Wangji saw that the burn Wei Wuxian got had now transformed it's design into the Stygian Tiger Amulet. Wei Wuxian's burn caused Lan Wangji's face to sadden.

"What a strange man you are."

The figure said, confused. Lan Wangji grunted and tried ignoring this figure of his beloved.

"Usually, the other's would try to kill my master, or even run away."

The figure paused it's sentence following Lan Wangji deeper into the cave.

"But you do not?"

Wei Wuxian was still soundly asleep, as if he were a small child again. Lan Wangji laid Wei Wuxian back onto the cave wall, except this wall was softer from the plants growing from it.

"Why?"

The figure asked, not really Lan Wangji to give it an answer, thus, the figure coughed once and said "Lan Zhan, would you like to merge with me?" Lan Wangji was very quick to answer "no." The figure cried out "You barely even listened Lan Zhan!!" Lan Wangji said "Do not call me Lan Zhan."