Mixgram

When Es opened the door, he saw a woman with pale skin and glowing green eyes, her long flowing hair reminded Es of the prisoner's cells. The girl didn't even turn her head towards Es, she simply glanced at him, close her eyes and returned to staring at the table. Es commented "You must enjoy staring at a table." The girl glared at Es while he walked to sit, as he did her eyes followed him angrily. Es asked "Something the matter?" The girl responded "What kind of question is that? I thought I was in jail, not a judgment hall with a child voicing against our sins." Es scoffed, "Whether you like it or not, I call the final verdict." The girl glared at Es again, stating "This in itself is a crime. Kidnapping and housing murderers." Es countered "That's a bold statement from a murder." The girl responded "A murderer who'd very much like to spend her time in jail." Es wasn't getting anywhere arguing with her, so he attempted to ask his questions. 

"Name?" She responded "you're a 'prison guard' don't you have my files?" Es shook his head, the girl groaned and stated "My name is Hidaka Reiki, I'm 18 years old." 

Es nodded, trying to continue their explanation when Reiki interrupted them, "Why are we even here, this isn't a legitimate prison." Her expression never changed, cold and full of malice. Es stated "Because you've committed murder." Reiki spat back "And? This place isn't a legitimate prison." Es explained "Milgram is... Something close to a prison." Reiki mocked them, glaring "To really believe anyone here is 'innocent' is absolute bullshit." Es commented "Foul language to the prison guard won't help you being voted innocent."

A loud smack against a hard surface startled Es, they looked down to see a hand desperately trying to slap him, however it seemed there was a wall stopping her. Is this what they meant by prisoners cannot harm the prison guard? They glared at Reiki now sitting up with their hand out, confused but still with a dull face, Reiki muttered "What..?" Es smacked Reiki's hand away, even pushing her back into her seat. Es stated "Attempting to harm the prison guard isn't a good first impression." Reiki narrowed her eyes at Es in contempt. Reiki swayed her hand to brush off the sting from Es' own hand. Reiki stated "So, you can harm us but we can't harm you?" Es, who was still seated nodded, Reiki growled "What bullshit." Es clicked their tongue "What a rowdy prisoner." Reiki crossed her arms and legs leaning back in her chair. 

Seeing this as the chance to finally ask questions, Es speaks up "Reiki-san, are you getting along with any of the prisoners?" Reiki responded "Not really, I have no intention on speaking with those people." Es inquired "why is that?" Reiki shrugged, her expression staying indifferent to Es' tone. Es sighed, while Reiki waited for Es to speak again, once he did Es stated "If that were the case, why would Hiroshi-kun mention you?" "Who?" Reiki questioned sitting upwards confused, Es explained "The prisoner here before you Matsuda Hiroshi?" Reiki shrugged "Never met a guy named that." Es asked "Then why did he mention you..?" Reiki stated in a cold tone "Not sure, I don't know him and that's that." Es crossed his arms, eyebrow now raised while he said "Hiroshi-kun said you were nice to him, at the very least there was a prisoner you talked too." Reiki looked up to think before blinking as she remembered she pointed at Es and said "Well, I remember him now but why do you care?" Es responded "It seemed off that you had never interacted with Hiroshi-kun, I had a question and that was all." Reiki replied "Oh, well... I only know him cause I saw him hyperventilating in his cell and calmed him down." Es blinked "He hyperventilated?" Reiki stated "Yep." Popping her lips at the end. 

Es scratched their head a bit confused. Reiki was a strange case for him, Hiroshi was easy to speak and question to because he practically allowed it but Reiki was fighting left and right...! Whatever, a rowdy prisoner was nothing to Es either way.

Beginning to open his mouth Reiki stopped him and asked "May I ask something?" Es stopped and shrugged it off, might as well. He had nothing to lose with a simple question anyways. Seeing Es' approval, Reiki asked "Why do you care so much?" "Eh?" Reiki stated "I'm asking why you care so much about our cases. You aren't even our victim or their family members, why do you care so much to vote us guilty or innocent." This stunned Es, they weren't even sure themselves. Why did they care? Was it some responsibility or... something? 

Es couldn't respond, and not hearing a response from Es, Reiki shouted "Hey! Child, did you hear me?" Es wasn't paying attention to anything Reiki was saying anymore, they were in their own mind now. A shriek erupted from Es and startled Reiki who flinched at the noise and even cursed from the shock. Reiki witnessed Es clench their head, standing up suddenly and tripping over the chair behind them, their hat fell off in the process and Reiki practically jumped off the table and to Es' side. She yelled "The hell?! Are you okay what the hell was that!?" Reiki reached to pull Es up, but seeing the arm reaching out Es smacked the hand away causing Reiki to flick her arm back. Es panted heavily, breathing roughly, seeing the damage they caused. A chair on the floor... Hat off their head... And a prisoner staring at him confused and seemly stunned. 

Reiki questioned again "What was that?" Es panted, grabbing their hat and adjusting it back on their head, sitting down and gesturing Reiki to do the same. Once she did, Es admitted "I don't know what that was, but I'm better now." Reiki raised her eyebrow suspiciously at them. Es expressed "Ahem, let's continue..." Reiki's face dropped annoyedly, but they ignored it.

Es began "Reiki-san, hearing you now, did you have any... circumstances before coming to Milgram?" Reiki perked her head up hearing this, Es glanced at Reiki and was surprised to see what seemed to be a dark aura clouding Reiki's eyes. Reiki asked "Elaborate, if you will." Es nodded and said "Was there a reason you killed whoever you killed? I don't know... Maybe bad relationship, abuse..." CLACK! 

The noise made Es jump, and he noticed Reiki now standing tall and towering him, while her facial expression seemed unchanging, she was clearly pissed. Reiki asked "Circumstance? Are you asking me to provide an excuse to justify my murder?" Es shook his head, saying "No. I'm asking if there was a reason-" Reiki continued for them "that I killed them so their deaths are their fault? Yeah, no matter what reason I had, it doesn't change the fact I killed someone. This whole system just wants me to agree I did nothing wrong." Es didn't flinch this time, they glanced up and asked "So, do you regret it?" Reiki stated "Of course not, I'm glad they're dead." Es perked their head up hearing this, so there was more than one person...

The sound of machine gears working stopped the tension between Es and Reiki, she turned her head upward to find the source of the sound, but didn't see anything. Reiki warily glared at Es and sat on her chair, Es closed his eyes as everything became black.