Mixgram

Upon entering the room, Es found before themself a tall blonde man with eyes that reminded Es of a cold glass of water. This prisoner noticed Es and waved at them before the latter sat down before the prisoner. Es said nothing until the prisoner spoke up "Oh, are we doing introductions?" Es didn't respond but nodded, the prisoner nodded in agreement and stated "Hello! My name is Ichikawa Masaru, I'm around 31 and I should be turning 32 soon, I'm also a teacher at a school in Japan!" 

Es decided to get to the point, asking "You didn't come here for no reason, what are your sins?" Masaru smiled and chuckled nervously, commenting "Haha... Straight to the point I see." Es responded "I am simply doing my role as prison guard." Masaru held their hands up explaining "No no, it's fine, but uhm, would you explain more of Milgram to me? I don't quite understand it..." 

Es sighed and asked "Sure, which part of Milgram are you confused about?" Masaru took a moment to think before saying "How does this, uh... Music Video thing work exactly?" Es thought for a moment replying, "Every prisoner's memories are recorded into the network here, which creates songs for me to judge. Understand?" Es lifted their head and Masaru nodded, commenting "Never heard of a system like this..." Es responded "This prison isn't like regular prisons. We're... A "special" case I suppose..." The way Es replied didn't seem that confident, almost guessing. Masaru chuckled "I guess you also don't know yourself?" For a moment, Es stayed silent. 

"Continuing... Could just you inform me of your sins?" Es switched the subject. Masaru chuckled before his laughter dying out slowly. Es sighed, saying "As prison guard, I have to maintain a professional attitude. So please just answer the question." Es was getting a bit annoyed with Masaru and slowly losing their patience. Masaru exclaimed "Ah? A professional? Aren't you around 15?!" Es responded "Despite my age, I have been appointed as the prison guard of Milgram. So I'd consider myself a professional, now if you're willing to tell your sins?" Masaru laughed quietly and nervously while thinking "Then wouldn't you be an unprofessional since you consider yourself professional..." Masaru pointed out "Erm, but you're 15 years old... Correct?" Es groaned, they were going in a circle. Es replied "Yes, being 15 years old doesn't I can't be a professional." Masaru stated "No, it does." Tired and annoyed with arguing over the fact Es was 15, Es stood up aggressively, causing the chair to fall. Es yelled "Listen here! I am the prison guard. Whether or not you like it I HAVE to be the professional here!" Es slammed their fist into the table, startling Masaru. 

The room became quiet. Masaru didn't say a word neither did Es, Es sat back down without a word. Masaru finally spoke up, "Why do you feel like you have to be a professional?" Es responded immediately "Because I am prison guard." "Is that it?" Masaru questioned. Es seemed a little stunned by the question. They replied "Yes." Masaru looked down at the table, then back at Es. He sighed and commented "You remind me of a student I had." Had? Masaru using past tense was... Intriguing to Es. Es decided to poke at the subject, asking "Who?" Masaru thought for a moment and replied, "well, her name was Kei. She was a good student, a great student even." Es crooked their eyebrow, Masaru continued "She was super kind and gentle. Though, she always claimed she had to act perfect for her family and friends." Masaru leaned back and smiled fondly, she seemed nice. 

Es leaned forward, intertwining their fingers and mentioned "When you talked about Kei, you used past tense. "Had". Is there a reason?" Finally Es was going to be able to get some answers out of this guy. Masaru laughed lightly, "well, she was one of my students who had committed suicide." Es immediately questioned "So then what are your sins?" Masaru sighed, this talk about "sins" again... Masaru answered "I don't know, okay? I haven't murdered anyone. Why do you think I was still part of my job if I did?" Es shrugged, then suggestion "Did you cause an indirect death?" Masaru tilted their head a bit confused. "I guess it could make sense?" Es continued "Do you think you were stressful or overbearing?" Masaru chuckled and scratched the back of his head, replying "No, not really. In fact, a lot of teachers said I was too close to my students." Oh, so Es could cross that off their list, but why would Masaru be here if he wasn't stressful? Oh well, maybe Masaru was hiding something from Es. That'd be the easiest answer really.

Suddenly, Es and Masaru both heard a bell ring and gears turning, again... Es sighed, time was up. Masaru questioned "What is that?" Es answered "Just to let us know time is up." They leaned back and closed their eyes. Masaru looked around confused, he then asked "Will a projector pop up or..?" Es replied "No." Masaru chuckled, "I guess I nothing to worry about then?" Es nodded, not even facing Masaru. They opened their eyes and sighed, the last thing Es saw before it turned dark was Masaru waving goodbye.