Scapegoat

Angel looked around the room of where they were, Angel was sitting on the ground in a cold room. It was dark and only the sound of crows could be heard. Angel looked down and saw their clothing looking like that of a prison warden. A sudden "CAW!" Scared Angel terribly, they turned around and saw what seemed to be a table and two separate chairs on either side. Angel got up from where they sat and hesitantly, walking to the table. Being closer to the table, Angel could see a crow seated in the other seat across from them. Angel tilted their head in confusion, a sudden voice coming from the crow croaked "Good morning... Angel...!" Angel jumped in surprise and fell back, making the crow laugh. "You're very jumpy, Angel. I'm sure you'll be an excellent prison guard for our souls!"

Angel's eyebrow raised as they sat up to sit on the chair. Angel muttered "Who... Are you?" The crow responded "I don't exactly have a name. Though, you can call me Anpu. Think of me as your guardian who watches over the trials!" Angel said aloud "Trials?" Anpu's beak raised and laughed, "My! How rude of me, I forgot to introduce you to how this Milgram system will work! As we have a lot of facilities, each one runs differently. The way we work is by dealing with the dead, to be specific, the murdered victims of another Milgram system that's taking place." Angel cut off, "Murdered victims? What do you mean? Why would we be making them go through a trial?" The crow flew on top of the table and replied "Well, just because they've been murdered, doesn't mean they're innocent! Think about it like this," Anpu raised his feathered wing above his head as if to give a demonstration. "Let's say someone who traumatized another ended up going to heaven because the trauma they inflicted doesn't go against heaven's principals. This Milgram System is to see who deserves to suffer for all eternity or to see if they deserve a land of bliss. See?" Angel nodded. Anpu mentioned "Here is how it'll work. We'll let you talk to the souls personally so you have a good grasp on them as a person currently, then will come the fairytales!" Angel blinked "Fairytales?" Anpu stated "Mn, fairytales." Anpu glided down to sit on the opposite chair again, they continued "These fairytales show their deaths subtly, and their condition." Angel commented "Like their memories and feelings right now?" Anpu responded "No, not like that. Just the hardcore truth of what they've done and did. It's your job to analyze the fairytale to see the hidden secret behind it." Angel argued "Why me?" Anpu sat silent, not responding. Finally, the crow said something, however, it wasn't an answer.

"Well, I suppose that's most of how this Milgram trial will work, I believe you have a soul to meet." Angel felt a gush of wind hit their face, cooling the sweat Angel had been feeling. Anpu chuckled and exclaimed "Milgram: Scapegoat!"