White Resentment

"Zewu-jun...!"

"Zewu-jun!"

"ZEWU JUN!"

Lan Xichen was startled awake, with his body aching, especially his chest. It was hard for him to breathe, so he slowly took in air and let it out, finally, he turned his attention to whoever called his name. 

Lan Qiang gently shook Lan Xichen awake still, once he saw the man's eyes were open, he cried in joy. Confused, Lan Xichen rose up frantically looking around, asking over and over "What? What happened!? Where's Wangji??" Lan Qiren was already up and awake, searching the area with his eyes.

"You and Lan Qiren were found passed out on the ground, Lan Donghai found you both."

Lan Donghai was Lan Qiang's birth name, so Lan Xichen thanked Lan Qiang for acting fast. The other Lan disciples who went with Lan Qiang questioned "Why were you both passed out on the ground?" Lan Qiren's voice became dark, replying "Lan Wangji."

It was obvious that this was Lan Wangji's doing, the other disciples were astonished, their cool jade of the Lan clan attacked one of the elders, and their own brother. Even so, Lan Xichen felt there was more to why he attacked the two, Lan Xichen still remembered his younger brother's words "I'm sorry in advance." 

Lan Wangji was considered someone you couldn't read, no matter how much you try, but even so Lan Xichen could read Wangji's expression, no matter how dull or expressionless it seemed, his brother was upset. Lan Xichen felt like he knew why Lan Wangji was upset, no, he knew why his brother was upset. Lan Xichen couldn't blame Lan Wangji for being upset, however, attacking other's, especially the Lan Clan was against the rules, and his brother, was well aware. 

-------------------------------

A figure in black carefully walked around burial mounds, finding everything in ashes, the home of the Wen Clan was now gone, forever.

Until the sight of a small child caught the figure's eye. The young child hid in a tree, asleep and sick. There was suddenly another figure, who was in white. This figure pointed at the child while the one in black picked up the sick child, with another man on his back, plus a small kid, his arms were getting full.

--------------------------------

Lan Wangji was homesick, he missed Cloud Recess, he missed Gusu, he missed his family. Despite missing them all, he missed Wei Wuxian even more. Even though Wei Wuxian's body was with him all the time, Lan Wangji wanted Wei Wuxian to speak, to see the world again, to not be a sleeping body who needed Lan Wangji to give daily exorcise. 

"It's been a few months and you still haven't been caught?" 

Lan Wangji nodded, his long brown hair was tied together into a ponytail similar to Wei Wuxian, his white elegant robes were drenched in blood, so much blood his clothes were almost black. His forehead ribbon lost it's purity and the white faded into a dull grey. His eyes changed from a golden color to grey, while his guqin's rhythm was much slower and deep. 

"It's because of you."

Lan Wangji mentioned, White Resentment giggled in the form of Lan Wangji's silhouette, saying "What do you think my master will say when he see's what you've become?" Lan Wangji didn't hesitate to say "I do not care what he thinks of me by then, he already hates me." Lan Wangji claimed, sitting by Wei Wuxian's sleeping body while he played the guqin's deep melody. 

The 3 of them were currently hiding under a bridge in a small city at night, this city belonged to the 'Mo' clan. Wei Wuxian groaned in his sleep, seeming as if he'd wake up. Lan Wangji packed his things and quickly hid away, White Resentment questioned "Why are you hiding?" Lan Wangji answered "If I get him angry he'll kill me."