||07||

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 1

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 1. Sixth Stage.
"The Escape"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 515]
[Duration: Short]

If you want something done right, do it yourself

– They have never told you that, Elizabeth?

Afton looked at the setting sun, it was beginning to dawn.
From the rubble of the roof of the premises, he could see how the bright sphere began to make its way through the bottom of the sky.

– It was one of the phrases you said to me the most when I was little.

Baby, in turn, decided to accompany her parent at that dawn.

- Everything has changed so much - The girl continued, Afton just closed his eyes affirmatively - Why did you do all that? They didn't deserve it.

- It is something you would never understand - The father tilted his head to the contrary to continue talking - But it is already done, I can not fix it... I can't fix you...

Baby lowered her head in understanding and a strange empathy.
She wouldn't know if she felt angry, sad, or happy. She was just confused, lost.
She raised her green eyes to the sun in the background, to the light of dawn that would be precious to any gaze.

- I'm never going to forgive you for what you did - She spoke without looking at him, the rabbit didn't even flinch.

Despite all his actions, he never seemed sorry or sad.
He may not have been right in the head, at no time did he specify anything.
She just wanted a random life like everyone else, but he... What did he want? See them all burn? Kill? Die?

His gaze was greyish, her pupils dull, he didn't show any feelings.
He may be hopeless at this point.
Even so, she asked hoping for some answer that would resolve her doubts.
But nothing changed, he just refused or kept quiet.

- Don't you miss life? - She asked, the eldest finally seemed to answer one of her questions, turning his gaze to her daughter.

Dry laughter escaped his exhausted, raspy voice.

- The only thing I miss is death - He answered, lowering his ear, his neutral gaze that inside of him seemed to show a twisted smile.

– If it's what keeps you in peace, it's fine... - She murmured, even knowing that it wasn't the right thing to do, what else could she do? There was no turning back, trapped in that imaginary labyrinth - You'll be proud... - It was the last thing she answered.

- Why? - He questioned looking away from her.

- Someday you'll understand - She laughed, turning her gaze to the sky.

In the background Lefty and Molten approached in silence.
Scraptrap seemed to notice them, turning his gaze towards them.
The bear crawled up to the rabbit, which wordlessly climbed on top of it, only this time, he wasn't roughly kicked out by the older one.

Lefty showed the paper to Baby, she just nodded while Afton silently watched in the background.
Despite not having words, they understood each other perfectly.
After all, they were all in the same labyrinth, in the same abyss...In that long-awaited freedom in which they were ironically trapped.

- A t-third ch-chance? - Freddy asked.

- We have had too many chances already, Freddy - Afton answered.

- Just one more, dad - Asked Baby 

- ..... Right - He finally answered.

Just one more...