-18-

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 4

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 4. Second Stage.
"The Encounters"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 1201]
[Duration: Short]

We are located on the first level of the Mega Pizzaplex, in the Glamrock Backstage, where the animatronics were preparing for their concerts.
At the moment, several were empty, while Roxanne's was occupied by its owner and her friend, the bear's was animatedly talking to a young infant.
The vents echoed as a damaged animatronic carefully crawled out.

- They love your music more, your guitar solos, and even your beautiful voice - A wolf sobbed, covering her face with her metallic hands, the chicken made a slight face.

- Don't say that, it's not true, they love us both very much - She tried to cheer her up, although it didn't seem to have much results - You also have a beautiful voice... even if you don't sing on stage

The whitish one was a little uncomfortable while the wolf suffered an attack of inferiority.
Chica was worried, about an hour ago they received a report from the guard about certain night intruders, while she, Monty and Freddy were looking for those guys doing their job of protecting Gregory, Roxanne preferred to stay in her room instead of helping.
The hen knew how worrying and disadvantageous the canine's negative behavior could be, so she proceeded to try to cheer her up later. Now in the wolf's room after several tries and pleas to get in, Roxanne allowed the bird to enter her room.

The wolf had kicked her piano in a little fit of rage, luckily the instrument was fine, she wasn't as violent as Monty when he was angry. Chica looked at the keyboard on the floor as she thought how to help her classmate, then an idea came to her mind.

- At the next concert we could ask Freddy to let us sing. What do you think of the idea?! - Exclaimed the bird, the opposite looked up from her with some illusion.

- Really? - A hint of emotion showed in her voice, Chica nodded in approval.

Roxanne got up more animated and with more impetus. She quite liked being the center of attention on stage, she just wanted Freddy to let the girls sing.
Unfortunately for both of them, singing was not their best thing.
Roxanne wasn't very professional about it, and Chica's backing vocals used to sound good, but sometimes her high-pitched voice messed with the staffbots.

The canine happily wagged her tail happily, picking up her piano again and running her hand over its keys to clean the dust.

- I could do a piano solo! - The wolf exclaimed happily, Chica laughed at her sudden change of mood.

Suddenly, something seemed to catch the chicken's attention, she looked up at the ventilation duct, but couldn't see anything.

- Is something wrong, Chica? - Roxanne asked looking at the grille in confusion.

- No.. I thought I heard something, but I don't see anything...

Chica denied, dismissing it, she didn't want to ruin the illusion of her partner.
Even so, Roxy stared at the duct for several more seconds, her special eyes allowing her to see a kind of yellow light that quickly disappeared.

- Hmmm... It will be that little Musicman who is dedicated to controlling and cleaning the vents... - The wolf murmured, the opposite nodded in silence.

On the other hand, while the animatronics were talking to each other, a boy was in the room of a certain bear while he ate a snack, discussing with Freddy about what had happened that night.

- I told you, Freddy! - The boy repeated convinced with an insistent tone - There was a rabbit with them.

- I already asked the night guard about that rabbit, she said there isn't one - Freddy protested as he checked his microphone.

The bear reached for a delicate rag to clean his instrument which was a little dusty, Gregory made noise with the empty bag of chips.

- Where did you leave the trash can? - Asked Gregory getting up from the sofa, Freddy pointed to a corner - She's with them, I saw how the rabbit took Vanessa before you arrived.

- Are you so convinced? - Answered Freddy turning to see how Gregory discarded the empty bag - Look at the cameras on your Face-watch, maybe you can see them there

- Mmmm, well, the light has returned - The boy affirmed, raising his arm to see the cameras on his watch.

Gregory look at his own arm to get a better look, then in the background he could see a glow in the vent. Confused, he preferred to focus on that strange light.

- Freddy, I think there's something in the vent - He pointed to the duct grilles.

- Will it be that little Musicman or a simple mouse - Affirmed the bear moving to one side to be able to see better where the boy was pointing.

- Mice don't shine - The infant whispered suspiciously.

A loud snap was heard and the grille fell to the ground, several cables came out spreading all over the room. Freddy quickly approached Gregory to protect him from Molten, who was leaning out letting himself be seen, he wanted the child.

- Wasn't Monty watching him?! - The boy shouted seeing how several cables dragged through the wall towards them.

Freddy didn't answer, he preferred to focus on preventing the attacker from getting closer, without taking his eyes off both bears challenging each other.

- W-We also used to b-be the s-star of the show - The melting mask of funtime spoke with a broken voice - We also u-used to spend some g-good fun-times

Molten's broken and mechanical voice alerted Freddy, that bunch of wires was bigger than it seemed to be. And the several sharp fangs that adorned the mouth of that mask could easily pierce the glamrock's exoskeleton if he got distracted.

As Freddy went to answer, the other bear seemed to bristle as it looked out the other side of the room's glass, toward the big hall. Immediately afterwards, he lowered his golden eye towards the boy and his protector, whitout chance and with a growl the wiring moved away from where he came, slipped through the ventilation completely disappearing from the view of the presents.

Gregory looked behind the glass in confusion, wondering what the aggressive bear had gotten away from.
He managed to see through the darkness, thanks to the neon lights of the corridor, a silhouette which became familiar to him.
A black bear was watching in the background, Freddy turned once he made sure that the aggressive animatronic left the room completely.
He asked the boy what he was looking at with such curiosity, then some female voices began to be heard. Gregory frowned when he saw how Roxanne and Chica passed by the window to greet both boys, that seemed to scare away the black-colored bear, which disappeared camouflaged by the shadows.

- Didn't you see her? - Gregory asked Freddy, but he seemed puzzled.

- See who? - Answered the bear who was distracted by his companions.

Gregory shook his head, apparently he was the only one who saw Lefty. And he wondered why the intruder decided to run away from her with her presence.
Seconds later Roxy and Chica came through the door waving friendly.

- Girls, did you see Monty? - Asked Freddy somewhat confused.

They looked at each other.

[...]