《45》

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 7

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 7. Second Stage.
"Last Breath"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 2300]
[Duration: Long]

A horrible stab of pain began to appear in the woman's head.
Vanessa scowled at her through clenched teeth, wondering why she was still alive.
She sighed, opening her eyes slowly, her skin prickled as she saw the figure of a golden rabbit kneeling near her.
In response due to her poor vision and the fact that she had just woken up, she confusedly kicked the rabbit out of her sight.

The woman heard a thud, which she assumed was him hitting the ground along with a groan.

- What the hell happens to you? - Vanessa asked, holding a hand to her forehead for her headache.

She sharpened her gaze to see the rabbit standing in front of her, she had no time to react before he kicked her in the stomach right on her wound.
Vanessa winced as she laughed, she was beginning to think she was going crazy.

- ...You're horrible talking to others, right? - The woman laughed in pain.

The rabbit tilt his head at her in confusion.
Vanessa took a huge breath recovering the lost oxygen, looked at her bloody abdomen, lifted her white shirt and realized that she was bandaged perfectly.
She looked around, they weren't in the subway but in the lost and found office.
Had he helped her escape?
Vanessa laughed bitterly, she no longer understood anything.

She shot a sharp look at the rabbit in front of her.
He didn't move from the spot, he just watched her without saying anything.

The woman could see how the tones of the rabbit's body changed from a dirty golden color to a greenish brown, almost like a chameleon.

- You will not say anything? - Vanessa asked, lowering her gaze to the ground.

Obviously, she received no response. For Afton was suspicious and he only spoke when it suited him.
Despite the huge toothy grin on his face, the rabbit had a serious, apathetic attitude.

The woman raised her eyes to rest on the man's face. She felt a chill knowing that he was looking at her so intently.
In a rather sinister and creepy way.

- Here we go again...William... - She complained, bothered by his look.

- Afton... - He let out.

"Oh, now you are interested in talking", Vanessa thought.
She blinked in understanding, smiled to herself.

- William... I won't call you Afton, because I don't have any respect for you... Respect is achieved through fear or trust, and I don't have either of those two for you... - Vanessa took courage in a tone more serious in the voice - I don't care how much you hurt me, I don't care if you stab me or mistreat me, you're not going to get anything. Killing me would be a good option, but at this point it would benefit me more than you, and I know you hate losing... You are unable to accept that someone else is better than you...