//14//

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 3

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 3. Second Stage.
"The Past"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 1528]
[Duration: Medium]

-------------------------------------

1980 :Year
Indiana :State
New Jersey :Location

Two adults were talking in the main dining room of the home. Plans, sketches, and some mechanical parts, the two people discussed their ideas.

- No, no, look - The light-brown haired spoke, expanded the plans of the rabbit, pointing to one of its parts - With a good endoskeleton it could stand up...

- An endoskeleton would crush us from the inside... - William whispered, looking askance at a little girl who was watching them in the background.

- No.. We would have to add a retractable mechanism, so that it separates the mechanical parts and then do not cross us - The father of the twins spoke decisively, he grabbed his notebook writing down the ideas.

- You are going to traumatize your daughter... - The dark haired man muttered a little louder.

The opposite, who until now had been focused on the ideas for the animatronics, had not noticed the presence of his daughter until his partner warned him.
Charlotte looked at the two adults with confusion, luckily she was too young to understand.

- Oh, Charlie.. - Her father spoke looking at the clock on his right, then returned his gaze to her daughter - It's too late to be awake at this time, go to sleep with your brother. Right?

The girl made a grimace at her father.

- Will you read me a bedtime story? - Asked the girl with a sweet voice, William looked at the father with listless eyes, Henry just scratched the back of his neck somewhat nervously.

- Later, yes? Dad is busy with his work now

Henry moved from his seat to call her wife, who understandably encouraged her daughter to help her go to bed. Henry sighed once both women left.

- I would not let my children talk to me like that... - William murmured with a colder tone.

Henry looked at him without really understanding what he was referring to.

- She's just a kid, I don't understand what you're talking about... - The light haired man spoke surprised.

- How do you allow her to interrupt your work? - William explained looking at the notebook of ideas about the animatronics.