[26]

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 5

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 5. Third Stage.
"The Ambition"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 1870]
[Duration: Medium]

They needed to get stronger, they were weak.
Fighting the Glamrocks did not benefit them.
The amalgam wandered intently through the vents, alert for any prey at their disposal.

- C-could you j-just keep quiet? They're going to l-listen u-us if you continuous l-like this - The bear protested irritably towards the fox.

- You are always the one who shouts the most! - Foxy defended herself, who was just humming a song that was playing in the background on the Pizzaplex stage.

- Hey, look who's there... - Ballora decided to interrupt to draw the attention of her companions.

They sneak through a vent crack, to see two animatronics walking together.
The wolf and the bird seemed to be having an animated conversation absentmindedly. It looks like they were looking for something or someone.
"I have an idea" Freddy murmured to himself, speaking to his companions.

Within seconds, an endoskeleton covered in wires appeared in front of the girls.
Roxanne screeched in elation determined to catch the intruder.
The wiring jumped to the ground floor, followed by Roxy, who had no problem jumping and landing intact on the ground, looking for the opposite.
Chica stayed a little further behind, she looked for the closest stairs to get to her friend, because she couldn't jump like her partner did before.

Roxanne watched as the cable-covered endoskeleton slithered nimbly through the objects toward Roxy Raceway. She got excited, that was her territory, no one could beat her there.
Without hesitation, the wolf chased her opponent to the race track, leaving the bird behind.

When Chica got downstairs, she looked around for the canine, but no luck.
She let out a disappointed murmur wondering where she went.
Then a sound caught her attention.
It was the endoskeleton that they had seen before, who was near the food stalls of Salads and Sides, he quickly crawled through the ventilation shaft that led to the underground.
The animatronic remembered the old elevator that led to the same area where the wiring went, so she quickly opened the elevator and pressed the button.
She had to be more stealthy next time, if she wanted to catch the intruder off guard.

In the background, while the bird entered the elevator, another animatronic composed of cables watched from the darkness. Only the difference was noticeable, this one was wearing a damaged bear mask, not like the ones Chica and Roxanne went after.

Chica was lost and somewhat disoriented, she did not know the underground so well because she did not go down that much, but she knew that she was in the warehouses.
She called Gregory on her face-watch asking him if he could guide her, the boy agreed from the other line.
The wolf had more luck, Roxy can see through the walls, but Chica couldn't, so her job was difficult.
The smell of the pizza distracted her from her duties, she approached an underground kitchen filled with cooking staffbots.