[30]

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 5

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 5. Seventh Stage.
"The Ambition"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 2600]
[Duration: Extensive]

He cursed the lack of his night vision.
Seeing nothing, he found himself in the embarrassing situation of absurdly tripping and falling.

In a matter of seconds his eyes grew accustomed to the dim light.
Afton had to find a plan to get back up the elevator, but that would be a dilemma for his future self to work out.

Now he had another goal. Before he couldn't go to where he is right now, because he didn't want to reveal the location of this place and his precious information to Molten Freddy, Lefty or Scrapbaby.

Unfortunately, he was forced to make Vanessa follow him, since it was impossible for him to get rid of her.
He could kill her, just finish her off once and for all. But he hadn't because...
The answer is very simple, is not convenient for him.

Vanessa was the first and only person who did not run away from him, the first person who stayed by his side, the only one who did not object to any of his actions, who was not afraid of him, who did not defend herself against him. Who didn't attack him even though he did.
Vanessa was the only person stupid enough to ally with him, and at the same time, the smartest of all, because staying in Afton's custody was a great privilege.
Afton was weak and insignificant right now, a piece of junk, a heap of rotten bones and rusty metal. But.... he was a genius, something that not many people took into account. Afton was still alive, for more than 50 years, he has survived fires and attacks, overcome his own death several times, created powerful artificial intelligences, manipulated his wife, his children and a lot of people.
Afton doesn't control the world, not because he doesn't want to, but because something is missing in his power to do it.
He lacks strength, he lacks control, he lacks power. And only one thing could give him all that, the remnant.

He hurriedly ran through the Funtime Gallery, now with his dark-adapted eyesight, he could clearly see absolutely everything around him.
The cables, the boxes, the toys, the tables, and that curious yellow and violet animatronic that stalked him from the Funtime stage.

Afton raised the key that he had taken out of the Control Module, approaching the metal door located on the left side of the wall.
He opened it by entering it without taking his eyes off the robot. The machine didn't move from its spot, but he surely wouldn't hesitate to do it, if Afton lets his guard down.

Many years ago, when he was still alive, before he became the bunch of springs. William was in charge of creating five powerful artificial intelligences, resurfaced from the remnant, that substance capable of providing and endowing intelligence, reasoning, feelings and life to everything that possesses it.
Funtime Freddy, Funtime Foxy, Ballora, Circus Baby and Lolbit were the beginning of his experiments with the souls taken from children.