■57■

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 8

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 8. Eighth Stage.
"The Burn Trap"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 2700]
[Duration: Extensive]

The ground shook sharply as the explosions in the subsoil caused the Pizzaplex to decay further and further.
Marionette came flying to where the two souls of Cassidy and Evan were, the puppet approached them for information.
Cassidy shook her head, Evan nodded a little nervously.
Roger that, Charlotte disappeared on her way to Roxy Raceway.
Cassidy turned her gaze to Evan, he backed away from her a bit.

The boy joined his hands with concern, the girl lowered her head looking at the ground.
Cassidy waved her hand for the boy to follow, they were gone in a matter of seconds.

No one could see them, but to Afton they were perceptible.
Who was beginning to lose his mind even more, if even that was possible.
Vanessa looked at him in exasperation, the man looked up to approach the security guard, but was quickly rebuffed by the woman, who stepped aside to avoid him.

The glances between them turned awkward, Vanessa sighed.

- And Elizabeth? - Asked the woman, starting her walk.

The man didn't say a word, he just stood still.

- Should I trust her? - Vanessa asked, turning her gaze back to Afton.

- No... - Afton whispered with a hesitant tone, he didn't want to go back to Elizabeth.

Vanessa narrowed her eyes, bringing one of the hands to her injured stomach.
She dropped the briefcase to the ground.

What they were looking for was an invisible target. Find a piece of straw in a large handful of needles, a mission more painful than complicated.

- I think you're alone in this... - The woman murmured, Afton looked at her with his eyes dull in rage. - I mean, we're not making progress.

The firmness in the woman's words made him snort. She kept talking.

- I think this is where we arrived... - Vanessa clenched her teeth when she saw that the other didn't decide to speak. - Do you have any bright ideas that don't involve killing me?

Afton's gaze softened for a few seconds.

- Look for her... - He murmured.

Was Elizabeth trustworthy?
After everything that happened, Vanessa couldn't handle it anymore.

The woman closed her eyes, bent down to pick up the briefcase.
She cautiously approached the man who looked up in a threatening manner at her proximity, she extended her free hand towards him.