《47》

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 7

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 7. Fourth Stage.
"Last Breath"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 2400]
[Duration: Long]

Gregory looked behind him, it seemed that they were no longer followed.
He took a deep breath, he was exhausted and hadn't slept or eaten anything for a long time.

Bonnie glanced at the boy before walking out of the daycare hallway to the front entrance.
They weren't going to go inside the daycare, Sun.. Or his counterpart now that everything was turned off, Moon, would surely be wandering and in a very bad mood.

Chica let out a high-pitched screech as she pointed to some people near the entrance to the Pizzaplex.
Gregory saw some adults, two of them dressed in security guard clothes, and one of them in a large dark brown trench coat.
The last of them seemed to be injured.

- What are they two still doing here? - Bonnie asked to himself about the two guards.

Gregory hurried over to them for help.
The adults were surprised to see the boy.
One of them rejoined to calmly approach the minor.

- Hey, what are you doing here? This is dangerous place - The guard spoke approaching Gregory.

- Will he be one of the few survivors? - Another guard asked after the previous one.

- It won't last long if he's still in these facilities - Spoke the adult who was wearing a trench coat, he was sitting on the floor, recovering from what seemed like a wound in his stomach.

- I'm Gregory, I've lived in this place since I was 6 years old. Bonnie has been taking care of me all this time. - The boy looked at the rabbit that lowered his ears.

However, the eyes of the humans did not leave Chica, who was destroyed and in horrible condition. She seemed like at any moment she would fall to the ground.

- You can't live here - The man in the coat spoke. - Where are your parents? - Gregory remained silent without giving an answer. - Never mind, we'll take you to an orphanage once we finish all this...

The man got up with difficulty from the ground.
He sat up confused by some unpleasant screeching coming from the body of the bird, in a matter of almost countless seconds, Chica pounced on the man to attack him.
Everything was surprising and his classmates tried to drive the chicken away while Bonnie watched without understanding the acts.
Why did she decide to attack him?

Finally the rabbit reached out to grab his robot companion and pull her away from those present.
The man was intact but annoyed at the attacks.

- What are you doing, Chica? You can't just attack others! - Bonnie tried to hold her back.

Was she trying to warn of something? No one understood, they couldn't understand her, only heartbreaking squeaks came out of her mouth.
The bird let out a breathy robotic growl, pushing the glamrock to a side to face the humans who seemed tense from her attacks.
Suddenly, and without anyone realizing it, some accelerated footsteps were heard in the background.
There was no time to react before the wolf lunged at the bird, knocking her to the ground and tearing at her with the jaws.
Chica tried to defend herself but she could only let out desperate screeches as her cables were chopped apart.
The canine attacked the neck of the opposite, biting and tearing off her head, seconds later, the bird stopped moving.