《48》

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 7

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 7. Fifth Stage.
"Last Breath"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 2600]
[Duration: Extensive]

(. . .)

The woman put a hand to the wound Marionette had given her earlier. She had bandaged it thanks to the first aid kit.
She had lost a lot of blood, but thanks to the remnant that lay inside her body, she managed to stand up.
Like Schrödinger's cat, Vanessa was alive and dead at the same time.
And that didn't feel right.

- If all this is in vain? - Asked the guard with a blank look.

- It is a commitment - He spoke.

The rabbit in front of her remained static, with a passive but threatening look at the same time.
The woman reached into one of her pockets, pulling out a Pen Drive, the same one she stole from Afton's house. Which was in front of her.

- I can't commit to anything - Vanessa clenched her hand into a fist, keeping the memory stick inside her - Everyone is behind you, and that puts me in danger..

- Could your miserable life be so important to you? - Afton as always, was apathetic and had little delicacy in his words, but his actions tried to give everything of himself.

Despite no longer being a tin monster, the fact that he had regained his strength made Afton someone more talkative and easy to express without problems in the language.
It was sharp with his words and less empathic, that had not changed in him.

- Does yours matter so much to you? You could have died a long time ago, and yet here you are still... - She was cold, trying to understand the words of the opposite.

One of the rabbit's ears dipped, Afton disappeared.
Vanessa sighed, she wanted to leave but she was trapped, she had gone too far.
Finally she decided to move on, her life was ruined, her career too, if Fazbear Entertainment found out that she was working with the enemy of the company, she would eventually be fired and possibly imprisoned for accessory to murder.
She knew he wouldn't let her go.

After a few seconds of silence, the silhouette of the man with the characteristics of a rodent appeared again.
He was carrying a briefcase in his hands, the same two-lock briefcase that he found in his own home.

- Here - He spoke, passing the object to the woman.

- Why? I'm sure it contains too important things - She asked somewhat confused by the man's actions.

- That is why I must want you to have it - Afton answered, entrusting her with the briefcase. - When necessary open it...

- Mr. Afton, I don't even have the keys to open it - She explained, refusing the offer.