>36<

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 6

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 6. Third Stage.
"New Reborn"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 1175]
[Duration: Short]

- Please someone help me!!

Roxanne's incessant crying didn't seem to calm down.
She was crouched in a corner, screaming desperately for someone to listen and come save her.
She was blind, lost and disoriented.
All was silence around her, and pure darkness.
She felt empty and her body ached horribly. She could feel something inside her moving, and that scared her a lot.

- Can anyone hear me?! - She cried again loudly, covering her head and bringing her knees closer to her chest - Where am I...?

She choked back a few sobs as she trembled.
Could feel the bumps in her exoskeleton, she knew she was half-destroyed, and she just thought how horrible must look.
Broken, ruined, shattered.

- Please... help me... - The wolf sobbed between gasping moans as if she could breathe.

Footsteps echoed in her room causing her to fall silent in fear.
She was so scared, trembling in panic.
Then wondered if she should speak, or if that person knew she was there.

- I-Is there someone t-there? - Roxy asked weakly between silent gasps.

Nobody gave an answer. So she took a shaky breath, and sobbed more loudly again.

- You woke up... - Another voice was heard, it was feminine and mature.

Roxanne was silent trying to recognize the voice.
But she was too scared and confused.

- Who are you..? Where I am? What happened?! - Roxy howled so many questions between invisible tears.

- You can not see me? - Asked the other person, this time in a louder voice.

- V-Vanessa? - She recognized her, Roxanne could barely remember what was the last of the guard.

The last time she saw the woman, she was walking next to a rabbit with golden colors but a shattered texture.

- It's funny... You woke up, but she didn't - The guard spoke ignoring her questions.

- She? Who is she? - Roxanne couldn't see, but she could hear and smell her, Vanessa smelled like blood.

- That parasite inside you, who has controlled you all this time. Until I was able to deactivate you... - Vanessa answered, waiting for a response from the wolf, but she remained silent due to the shock. - I'll help you, but I need you to let me get closer...

Should she trust her?
She couldn't see, she didn't know if the guard had something dangerous in her hands or not.
She didn't know if Vanessa was lying or telling the truth.
She could only make out the smell of blood and the rust of her own springs.
Had she been wet and electrocuted?
Is that how she lost the consciousness?

- Then? - Vanessa insisted, but there was no answer.

Roxy only shrunk further and hugged her own legs closer to her own chest.
She lowered her ears in fright, trembling and sobbing.
The guard didn't wait for any more answers.

More footsteps and light metallic sounds were heard hitting each other, like small iron balls.

The footsteps grew louder and she could hear the woman's clothes crumpling in front of her, assuming that Vanessa had crouched down to her height.

- I won't hurt you. - Vanessa spoke in front of the wolf.

She heard some sheets being passed from one side to the other, and something was placed on the ground.
An object with pages? A book? A filing cabinet? A notebook?

- What's that? - Roxanne asked scared, but she didn't get an answer.

It was the last thing she remembered before being manually turned off by Vanessa.

- This one is easier to handle than the others - The human moaned, taking several sheets of paper in her hands, looking for a more comfortable position to bend over. - Night Protocol? Safe Mode? What is all this?

She organized the sheets better, quickly looking at several of them.
Trying to find one, she saw something curious in red letters.

- Let's see.. - Taking a breath and approaching the animatronics, she flipped through the pages beginning to read. - To open the ribcage, press the button inside the jaw.....recommendation...turn off the subject first...

She grunted to find the button, there was a lot of wire and getting the amalgam out would be tricky.
Several parts were released and having the robot in poor condition, it was easier to disassemble, showing her beaten endoskeleton.
She glanced at the sheet again.

Night Protocol: To activate this protocol, press the red, blue, and green buttons clockwise, then press red and yellow at the same time. Finally, press the small black button below the blue one.
When activated, the night protocol will be kept on for a period of one to two days.
Caution: Keep out of visitors during the day.
Night Protocol is the animatronics' random patrol mode, it is by default on their system and automatically activated when the lighting level is below forty lux. The animatronics will roam the facility looking for the following options: Thieves, Trespassers, Lost Items, Children, Disoriented Animals.

Daytime Protocol: To activate this protocol, press the blue, yellow and green buttons.rde counterclockwise, then press red and yellow at the same time. Lastly, press the small black button below the green one.
When activated, the daytime protocol will be kept on for a period of one to two days.
Caution: May make the animatronic vulnerable to external attacks.
The daytime protocol is the animated mode for shows and entertainment, it is the default in their system and it is automatically activated when the lighting level is higher than fifteen thousand lux. Animatronics will roam the facility with the following objectives: Play music or sing songs, Guide visitors, React to photos or flashes, Search for lost children, Assist security guards, Control automated staffbots

Safe Mode: To activate this mode, press the blue and green buttons at the same time, wait four to five seconds, and press the red button. Finally, a blue light should come on and the robot's eyes should turn yellowish white.
Activating it will keep safe mode on until deactivated.
Safe mode is by default on their system and is activated automatically until manually removed.
Safe Mode can also be triggered by receiving a high-danger glitch, a very hard hit or fall. The animatronics will be unable to harm other visitors or the rest of the Glamrock, they are prohibited from leaving the Mega Pizzaplex.

Unsafe Mode: To activate this mode, press the red and yellow buttons at the same time, wait four to five seconds, and press the blue button. Finally, a yellow light should come on and the robot's eyes should turn yellowish red.
When activated, the insecure mode will remain on until deactivated.
Insecure mode is by default on their system and is activated automatically until manually removed.
Unsafe mode CANNOT be activated in any other way.
The animatronics will be able to harm other visitors or the rest of the Glamrock without hindrance, they will not remember anything that happened.
They will lose all human sense to act similar to a wild animal due to the DNA of the remnant.
Caution: Do not activate unless it is an emergency.

Vanessa put the papers away.
She had seen enough.

[...]