[25]

╔═════════════════╗Chapter 5

╔═════════════════╗
Chapter 5. Second Stage.
"The Ambition"
╚═════════════════╝

[Words: 2167]
[Duration: Long]

Finally, six in the morning. The doors of the Mega Pizzaplex opened waiting for customers.
The quick steps of Afton and Vanessa were present creating an echo in the basement, they had to hurry up and get out of there before a client found them.

Fortunately for them, there were still no people outside, other than a couple of clueless security guards.
Afton leaned out of the front office, the area seemed clear.
He crept past the pair of guards approaching the elevators to access the main stage, unseen.
Vanessa carefully followed the rabbit, when the man confirmed that the workers had left the field of view, he turned determined to leave.

- Where do you think you're going? - Bonnie's voice sounded at the end of the hall.

Afton remained static analyzing the situation.
Freddy and Bonnie, accompanied by Gregory, who silently watched the scene, remained hidden awaiting the arrival of the rabbit and the guard, assuming that they might try to flee at six in the morning.

His predictions were right. Vanessa gasped in surprise, she didn't expect to be cornered like this. Despite that, William remained firm and without saying a word.
The security guard was able to observe how the murderer's body continued to bleed, however it did not seem to affect him any more or he managed to hide it and pretend to be fine.
Possibly the last option was the right one.

- Freddy, Bonnie - The woman called with concern in her voice.

They were finally so close to getting out of here, Afton would be gone and they could rest in peace.
She didn't want them to get caught again, and if they took too long to leave, they would eventually get caught.
Afton turned his gaze slightly towards Vanessa, who was passively trying to communicate with the animatronics.

- We just want to get out, and none of this will happen again - The woman assured in an attempt to convince the robots.

Gregory climbed down from Freddy's storage tank, turning on his flashlight and pointing it at the killer and his partner. Afton narrowed his eyes.

- That man next to you - Pointed the boy to the rabbit - Has tried to hurt me, you know that he is not a good person, and do you plan to continue helping him?

The boy was right, despite the fact that he had hurt her and treated those around him horribly, she was still with him, but... why?
She was a security guard, she had to protect the innocent, and it was obvious that he wasn't. Vanessa was aware, Afton was a murderer, she was helping a murderer to escape.
She felt so bad inside, she didn't know what to answer.