4- 𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗪𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹

Amara stood outside of Azaiah's door, not knowing why she had come there. Well, she did- but she knew she shouldn't have.

She knocked on the door, but the room was quiet for a moment. Amara wondered if he was even there until she heard shuffling inside his room.

"Come in" Azaiah called out, his voice lacking emotion as Amara cautiously opened the door.

He had his back turned to her and, as Amara shut the door behind her, she saw the bottle of whiskey on the table. Even though it was unopened, Azaiah stared at it almost longingly.

"Are you alright?" Amara asked him, snapping him out of his trance as he turned around, checking to see if it was actually Amara.

Azaiah's face just turned sour as he looked at Amara, scoffing slightly.

"Fucking brilliant, Amara" Azaiah spat, catching Amara slightly off guard but she only scoffed in return.

"Next time I won't bother fucking checking in then, you prick" Amara hissed as she turned around, about to walk away before she heard his voice again.

"You don't get to do that, Amara" Azaiah shouted after her, causing her to stop in her tracks.

Amara just turned around, seeing that Azaiah had stood up, his eyes slightly glossy. But Amara just rolled her eyes yet again.

"Do what? Check that you're alright?" Amara spoke, a hint of sarcasm in her voice- but Azaiah didn't find it funny.

"No, look down on me like that. Like you're up in the fucking sky acting like God and I'm all the way down here" Azaiah spat, pointing his finger at her as anger began to boil within him.

"The fuck- what have I done to you?" Amara almost yelled, an anger building inside of her too at Azaiah's comments.

"Oh, there are plenty of fucking things you've done to me" Azaiah told her, chuckling to himself at how blind Amara was to her own actions.

"First, you acted like you didn't know me in front of those men-" Azaiah started but Amara quickly cut him off.

"If I show you any different treatment, I'd look fucking weak-" Amara told him but it was Azaiah's turn to cut her off.

"No, Amara- you'd finally look like you're a fucking human being" Azaiah yelled but Amara just scoffed.

"You didn't even let yourself grieve-" Azaiah started but he cut himself off, knowing he was close to crossing the line.

"Seriously, Azaiah?" Amara spoke, her voice holding a rare emotion- she didn't bother to hide it anymore.

"I'm sorry that I grieved by myself and I didn't fucking need you-"

"I fucking needed you, Amara!" Azaiah yelled and the room fell quiet.

They both just stood there, looking at each other and but not recognising who they saw.

"I needed you by my side, I needed to hold you close- but you weren't even fucking there" Azaiah told her, his voice softer and his eyes starting to gloss over again.

"Don't blame me for this" Amara spoke, her voice breaking as her bottom lip trembled ever so slightly.

"I'm not blaming you, but the day we lost her- you became a ghost along with her" Azaiah spoke, his voice wavering slightly as they both just stood there.