20- 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗢𝗹𝗱 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲'𝘀 𝗦𝗮𝗸𝗲

"Listen, figlio di puttana (son of a bitch)- you're gonna tell me where your little buddy Darius is or you're going to be getting a lot worse than a few bruises" Elias spat as he looked at Dmitri, an evil smirk on his face.

"Go on then, enlighten me" Dmitri spoke and Elias' blood was currently only slightly away from boiling point.

"I will bleed you dry, keep you barely alive, then do it over and over again. Oh, and every single time you defy me, I'll cut off a finger and shove it down your fucking throat, understand?" Elias spoke, his voice dark and controlling, yet Dmitri just sat there and didn't say anything.

"I said, do you understand?" Elias spat, holding the knife to his cheek, watching blood begin to drop down his face.

"You're just like your father" Dmitri told him, his gaze not moving from Elias'.

"It's a pity, Natalia would've loved to see the monstrosity you've become- too bad she doesn't even recognise you" Dmitri chuckled, deep laughs reverberating through the room- and this was when Elias hit his boiling point.

He threw the knife to the floor, instead choosing to use his fists as he repeatedly punched him in the face. One hand had his collar fisted in his hand, the other causing blood to pour from Dmitri's mouth and cuts to form on his face.

"You don't ever say her name again, you don't have any fucking right" Elias yelled, not caring that Dmitri was nearing the point of death if he carried on.

However, Elias just felt a pair of hands push him away. He tried to launch for Dmitri again, but that's when he realised Azaiah's hands were on his chest, stopping him from moving.

"Elias, we need answers, you can't kill hi-" Azaiah started but Elias just cut him off.

"Why not? This bastard isn't going to give us anything worthwhile" Elias told him and Azaiah realised what Elias was doing in this moment.

He was guilty for not saving Natalia and letting her endure seven years from hell, so he thought the only way he could make it up would be to kill the source of her pain. It wasn't for Elias, it was never for Elias.

"We can help her when we get the information, Elias- we need to find out where they are and stop them from using this on anyone else."

Elias agreed, but he knew Azaiah was just feeding the barely conscious Dmitri false information. They wanted to find out where they were to kill them and wipe out the Russian Mafia for good, not just their experiment.

"Is that Amara's orders?" Elias asked him and Azaiah's face just hardened.

"Yeah" Azaiah told him, or more accurately lied to him.

He hadn't heard from Amara since she left for Paris, and he still didn't know why she left. Not even a message never mind a call was sent Azaiah's way, but he thought this was a sign. They can't carry on whatever was between them, it just wouldn't work- end of discussion.

"I'm going to get some air" Elias told him, walking out before Azaiah could even say anything.

He walked down the hallway, turning a corner and seeing a figure walking towards him. It was the last person he wanted to see, but only because of the blood on his shirt and-

"What has happened to you? Are you okay?" Natalia asked him as she walked up to him, lifting up his shirt only to see no wound.

Now, how was Elias going to explain this one?

"You're...not hurt?" Natalia spoke, her brows furrowed as she let go of the shirt and looked Elias in the eye.

"It's a very long story" Elias told her, deciding that today probably wasn't the time to tell her she was an assassin and he was a part of the Italian Mafia.