36- 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗚𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀

Natalia sat there on the bed, eyes fixated on the computer screen in front of her. She couldn't tear her eyes away, even when the tears blurred her vision.

She was watching the news from all of her attacks, how merciless and cold she had become. Natalia had killed many innocent people, and it was killing her inside.

It was as if her heart was ripped out of her chest when she saw that she had killed school children. An innocent group of little best friends had been in the wrong place at the wrong time- and she killed them for it.

Suddenly, the computer screen disappeared, shutting as she spotted a tattooed hand on it. Looking up, she saw Elias.

"Don't watch that, you don't need to watch that," Elias assured her and Natalia just tucked her knees up to her chest, another tear falling down her cheek.

"I killed them. They were innocent, some of them were children, and I murdered-" Natalia started but Elias quickly cut her off, sitting on the edge of the bed beside her.

"No, you didn't know what you were doing, okay?" Elias told her, grabbing her hands and holding them in his, eyes not moving from hers.

"The only guilty ones are the ones who did that to you, okay? You didn't do that, don't let yourself carry the guilt you shouldn't bear."

Natalia finally met his gaze, a weak smile on her face as her eyes were still glossed over. "It doesn't change the fact I did it, Elias," Her voice was just above a whisper and Elias shook his head

"That wasn't you, it was the...thing they created," Elias told her, realising that wouldn't really help.

"You are a good person with a good heart, don't let their actions taint that," Elias continued, placing a kiss on the top of her head as Natalia shut her eyes.

As he leant back, his grip still tight on Natalia's hands, Natalia fixed his eyes on him, wiping away her tears and swallowing the lump in her throat.

"There's something I need to tell you," Natalia told him and Elias nodded.

"Anything. You can tell me anything," Elias assured her as Natalia took a pause before speaking.

"I got a text the other day, apparently I killed someone's girlfriend."

"What?" Elias asked and Natalia passed him her phone. He knew her passcode, there were bigger worries in their lives than each other cheating.

Elias read the text, face turning serious as his jaw steeled. "I'll get Enzo to find the origin of the text, this bastard doesn't know what they're talking about," Elias grumbled and I shook my head.

"Please, don't," Natalia pleaded with him and Elias furrowed his brows.

"Why? He's threatened me, you and your family- we need to stop him before he gets to us," Elias told her and Natalia simply shook her head lightly.

"This cycle doesn't end, Elias. I want to end it, and to end it I have to face my past- face whoever this text was by," Natalia told him and Elias just sighed, stroking the pad of his thumb across the back of her hand.

"I'll respect whatever decision you make, but I'm coming with you," Elias sternly told her and Natalia nodded, her expression weak.