19- 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗢𝗿 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿

Enzo didn't know what he was doing. He had told Evelyn to stay late, saying there's more work for her to do, which there was.

However, in reality, he was in his office lighting a final candle, lighting up the room in a golden hue. Since when was he this cheesy?

Ever since Natalia told him to make his move on Evelyn, it had kind of spurred him on. He had spent years missing her, and he felt like he had to follow her advice.

But he couldn't deny the fact that he wanted to as well.

Candles were pushing it though, he knew that- now he was just waiting to be rejected. Evelyn wouldn't do that, would she? Well, he could only pray.

Enzo heard a knock on the door, knowing that it had to be Evelyn since she was the only person left in the building.

"It's open" Enzo shouted, seeing the handle turn as it slowly opened.

Evelyn walked in, her eyes going wide as she was took slightly by surprise. Her eyes locked with Enzo's, but not with delight.

"Enzo, this is the new business associate" Evelyn told him and he internally muttered 'shit' to himself.

"Come in, I'm just lighting some lavender candles, it helps me de-stress" Enzo told the man, who just nodded, still confused.

"Well, I just came over to hand over these documents to sign, the one's that were emailed to you the other day" The man told him and Enzo just nodded, grabbing a pen as he stood in front of his desk.

The man passed him the papers as Enzo grabbed them, placing them on the table and signing them where necessary.

"All done, pleasure doing business with you" Enzo told him as he passed him the papers. The man took them, nodding in agreement.

"You too, Mr. Maldonado" The man told him as he walked to the door.

"I'll see you out" Evelyn told him as they both disappeared, the distant sound of footsteps getting quieter.

Enzo just sighed, ruffling a hand through his hair as he held his head in his hands. That was a pure embarrassment.

He took off his suit jacket, tossing it on his chair as he leant against the front of his table, tilting his head back as he tried to erase what had just happened from his mind.

However, his thoughts were interrupted as he heard the sound of his door locking, looking in front of him to see Evelyn stood near the door, her arms crossed and a playful smirk on her face.

"Lavender candles? I can't really smell lavender..." Evelyn told him as she chuckled slightly to herself, Enzo just chuckling slightly too.

"You've already figured out what this is, I don't need to tell you" Enzo told her and Evelyn just shrugged.

"Maybe, but I just need to hear you say it" Evelyn spoke, that playful smirk still on her face.

"Yeah?" Enzo asked, standing up so he wasn't leaning against his desk anymore. He had grown in height and he didn't miss the sight of Evelyn swallowing a lump in her throat.

"I like you, Evelyn- okay? I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since the moment you walked through my office door. Your smile, your laugh and your fucking body just sets me off the edge. Not one night has gone by when I haven't been thinking about bending you over my desk."

Enzo was now stood just in front of Evelyn, looking at her as her confidence had faded.

"You have to say something, Eve" Enzo told her, a commanding aura in his voice as Evelyn composed herself.