13- 𝗘𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗥𝘂𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵

"April, have you got any leads yet?" Amara asked April, a select group of people filling her office.

Of course, the French had been left out of this and Amara was trying with all she could to ensure they didn't find out- especially since Antoinette is practically Marcel's golden child.

"Not yet, there's nothing from traffic lights or security cameras in the area" April told her and Amara just cursed under her breath.

"Expand your area, any word from the underground?" Amara asked and April just shook her head, busy looking at the computer.

"No, she hasn't been sighted in the underground world since we captured her" April told Amara, but her words stung slightly.

Captured, as if she was a prisoner. God, this just made Amara feel sick to her stomach- and Azaiah.

"We're heading out to check out a few places, are you coming?" Azaiah asked as he entered through the door.

Amara simply walked up to him, passing him a gun as he took it.

"I need to stay here" Amara told him, but she paused slightly before saying something further.

"Stay safe, I don't need you getting killed today" Amara continued and Azaiah just chuckled slightly, his voice deep as shivers rushed down Amara's spine.

"I'll be fine, Amara" Azaiah assured her before more men appeared at the door.

"I best get going, text me any updates" Azaiah told her and Amara nodded.

Next thing she knew, Azaiah had walked away with a few men in tow. Natalia could be anywhere, yet she was also nowhere at the same time- how is that even possible?

Amara just walked around the room, checking every computer that April and her men were rapidly working on. They had to find her whereabouts- and fast.

"Amara, there's something you might want to see" One of the men spoke up and Amara immediately walked over to them, looking at their computer.

However, what she saw was something she would've never expected. Francesca Gonzalez walking up to the mansion with a distressed look on her face.

"April, stay here- I have someone to deal with" Amara told her, her teeth gritted as she walked out of the room and towards the main door.

Even if she was her cousin, her father caused an eternity of pain for Natalia. Part of Amara wondered if Francesca knew, and if she did she was going to pay the price in her own blood.

As Amara walked towards the main door, she spotted Francesca at the reception- with Ines Maxwell stood next to her.

"Amara, I need to tell yo-" Ines started but Amara just walked towards Francesca, grabbing her by the collar and slamming her against the wall.

"Did you know? Are you working with him?" Amara yelled and Francesca just looked at her in confusion.

"What? Amara, I-" Francesca started but Amara cut her off.

"Answer the damn question, Francesca- or I swear to fuck you won't say anything ever again" Amara spat and Francesca just swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Of course not" Francesca told her, but she still looked distressed.

"Are you lying? Because it will be the last fucking thing you ever-" Amara started but she was cut off as Ines pushed her off, putting herself between them.

"Amara, just listen to her" Ines spoke, her eyes showing a truth that Amara decided to believe.

"Fine, talk to me" Amara told Francesca but she just swallowed a lump in her throat.