39- 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀

Arabella laid on her bed, cuddled up in her duvet as she heard a knock on her door. She didn't want to speak, but the person behind the door did before she could.

"Bella, can I come in?" A masculine voice asked, and Arabella recognised it immediately.

It was Javier.

Despite the fact she didn't want to speak to people, Arabella had waited to hear his voice. To see him. Even the distant sound of his voice was enough for her to feel less tense, all of the stress and negative emotions leaving her body.

"Yeah," She tried to shout after him, but her voice only reached normal volume. She hadn't talked in a while, she simply just didn't want to.

Slowly, she heard the door creak open, the only other sound being the cartoons on her screen. Arabella remembered what happened the other day, when she had snapped at Natalia. Her emotions were all over the place and she took it out on the wrong person, which is why she suddenly realised this was all a mistake.

"What are you watching?" He asked her, sitting on the edge of the bed beside her.

Arabella had expected the simple 'how are you?' question, but it turns out Javier knew her better than she thought. He knew she'd hate asking her a question with an obvious answer, instead he was using small talk- that way she'd at least talk to someone.

"Just a random cartoon," Arabella replied, her voice quiet as they both sat and watched it.

For a few minutes, the only sound was the animated noises coming from the TV. Not once did Arabella smile or show any acknowledgment of the jokes on the screen, causing Javier to glance at her. He knew it was his turn to try now.

"Principal Walters' office got trashed, there was toilet paper all over the walls," Javier told her, chuckling.

"You should have seen her face, the first time I've seen an expression on her face since she went to Turkey and got the cheap Botox."

Javier looked at her, seeing the corner of her lip curl up slightly. It was only small, but it was a smile and he felt a warmth rush through his body that he put it on her face.

"I like your smile," He spoke, his voice quiet as he cupped her cheek.

Arabella turned to face him, a light pink blush coating her cheeks as she continued to hold the duvet close to her chest.

In this one moment, she forgot about everything that had gone on in her life. Arabella had forgot about the fact she had been stuck in her bed for days on end. He was distracting her from the mess that is her life, and he was the most beautiful distraction she'd ever had.

So Arabella kissed him.

She sat up in her bed, dropping her duvet and cupping his cheeks, pressing her lips onto his. He invited it, capturing each other in a sweet kiss, but Javier held her hands that were on his cheeks, leaning back.

"Are you sure? I don't want to take advantage of you," Javier spoke, almost breathless as his eyes darted repeatedly from her eyes to her lips.

"You're not, I promise- you're the reason I'm smiling," Arabella assured him, and she felt a weight lifted off her shoulders.

This time, Javier kissed her hard, crashing his lips onto hers. He came her with this being his last intention, but he couldn't deny how long he had waited for this.